LiveOps

There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps

Live Agent

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Contractor status so you're in control of your time and intensity. I love being able to control my schedule. Option to work any slot 24hrs a day. Have built up my business to have many lines to take calls for. Live Ops has been well worth the training investment and the application fees.

Cons

LiveOps gives opportunities and takes them away at will, can be unsettling. Schedule on preferred lines can be unpredictable. Lines can be taken away without much notice.

Give agents a great sense of security. Give more notice for an agent to "fix" performance before taking away lines.

222 Other Employee Reviews for LiveOps (View Most Recent)

All the Silicon Valley Talent is Gone - Now Just a Bunch of Remote Call Center People

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Matching 401K
    Decent Medical
    Ability to work remotely
    Fresh fruit and free soda

Cons

Underpaid and terrible morale - all the talented (and educated) people either left on their own or were laid off to make room for the cheaper (uneducated) call center people who are so happy to have a job that they will basically work for free. Lots of micromanagement by unqualified people put in senior positions.

So many layoffs I have actually lost count. Management is highly unprofessional and most are uneducated- its hard to take a supervisor seriously when you and your coworkers can run intellectual laps around them.

Figure out where the company is going - if you want to just be a call center than continue back filling all the local talent with mid-west call center people with no professional skill set whatsoever. If you want to be the cutting edge technology company that we used to be start hiring talented people again. You get what you pay for - which is probably why there are layoffs every quarter.

Get a CEO who actually works out of the corporate office and doesn't live a plane flight away and no, opening an office in San Diego does not count - neither did the office in San Francisco that only e-staff could work from. CEO needs to get over his elitist attitude and actually do something.

Be honest - Tell HR to stop insulting our intelligence (the remaining ones who have some) with emails trying to convince us that another perk is being taken away but it really is a good thing. No - mandatory unpaid week long company shutdown's are not a good thing. Neither are caps on PTO (to save you money when you lay us off) , new bonus structures that pay out less, or free goldfish crackers in replacement of free lunch.

Pure Chaos

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Has not been a Pro with this company since 2009 when they went public.

Cons

This company does not know how to honor its own contracts. It is promising its clients things that it should not.
    There is too much effort put into cutting costs.
     Most calls routed to agents are not getting through due to out dated equipment.
    Too many changes without thinking things through means more changes.

There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps