There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps

All the Silicon Valley Talent is Gone - Now Just a Bunch of Remote Call Center People

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Matching 401K
Decent Medical
Ability to work remotely
Fresh fruit and free soda

Cons

Underpaid and terrible morale - all the talented (and educated) people either left on their own or were laid off to make room for the cheaper (uneducated) call center people who are so happy to have a job that they will basically work for free. Lots of micromanagement by unqualified people put in senior positions.

So many layoffs I have actually lost count. Management is highly unprofessional and most are uneducated- its hard to take a supervisor seriously when you and your coworkers can run intellectual laps around them.

Advice to Management

Figure out where the company is going - if you want to just be a call center than continue back filling all the local talent with mid-west call center people with no professional skill set whatsoever. If you want to be the cutting edge technology company that we used to be start hiring talented people again. You get what you pay for - which is probably why there are layoffs every quarter.

Get a CEO who actually works out of the corporate office and doesn't live a plane flight away and no, opening an office in San Diego does not count - neither did the office in San Francisco that only e-staff could work from. CEO needs to get over his elitist attitude and actually do something.

Be honest - Tell HR to stop insulting our intelligence (the remaining ones who have some) with emails trying to convince us that another perk is being taken away but it really is a good thing. No - mandatory unpaid week long company shutdown's are not a good thing. Neither are caps on PTO (to save you money when you lay us off) , new bonus structures that pay out less, or free goldfish crackers in replacement of free lunch.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Pure Chaos

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Has not been a Pro with this company since 2009 when they went public.

Cons

This company does not know how to honor its own contracts. It is promising its clients things that it should not.
    There is too much effort put into cutting costs.
     Most calls routed to agents are not getting through due to out dated equipment.
    Too many changes without thinking things through means more changes.

Lots of good changes. Great new people, new focus!!!

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

The new business strategy is all about Cloud Application Platform business. This a very smart move and clip steps ahead of our competitors. We've hired great people to lead this effort and making significant strides in the right direction. Very experienced executive team who get it!

Cons

Moving very fast and furious. If you can't get the work done, than get out of the way. Only passionate fast-paced and creative people need apply.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the right direction and remember to also reward your A Players.