There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps

Not worth your time and effort!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at LiveOps part-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home. That is it!

Cons

You are mostly taking calls for infomercials and you have to upsell repeatedly sometimes 2 or 3 additional products for each call. If the poor customer says no a script pops up for you to try to convinve them again. At the end of calls you had to offer magazine subscriptions.
If you are good at selling a certain product that is All the calls you will get and believe me back to back calls selling certain products will burn you out FAST!
They don't pay per hour. It is .25 per minute of talk time which is riduculous!
Hard to get hours for yourself!!!

Join the real world and at LEAST pay per hour scheduled!

204 Other Employee Reviews for LiveOps (View Most Recent)

Live Agent

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Contractor status so you're in control of your time and intensity. I love being able to control my schedule. Option to work any slot 24hrs a day. Have built up my business to have many lines to take calls for. Live Ops has been well worth the training investment and the application fees.

Cons

LiveOps gives opportunities and takes them away at will, can be unsettling. Schedule on preferred lines can be unpredictable. Lines can be taken away without much notice.

Give agents a great sense of security. Give more notice for an agent to "fix" performance before taking away lines.

All the Silicon Valley Talent is Gone - Now Just a Bunch of Remote Call Center People

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Matching 401K
    Decent Medical
    Ability to work remotely
    Fresh fruit and free soda

Cons

Underpaid and terrible morale - all the talented (and educated) people either left on their own or were laid off to make room for the cheaper (uneducated) call center people who are so happy to have a job that they will basically work for free. Lots of micromanagement by unqualified people put in senior positions.

So many layoffs I have actually lost count. Management is highly unprofessional and most are uneducated- its hard to take a supervisor seriously when you and your coworkers can run intellectual laps around them.

Figure out where the company is going - if you want to just be a call center than continue back filling all the local talent with mid-west call center people with no professional skill set whatsoever. If you want to be the cutting edge technology company that we used to be start hiring talented people again. You get what you pay for - which is probably why there are layoffs every quarter.

Get a CEO who actually works out of the corporate office and doesn't live a plane flight away and no, opening an office in San Diego does not count - neither did the office in San Francisco that only e-staff could work from. CEO needs to get over his elitist attitude and actually do something.

Be honest - Tell HR to stop insulting our intelligence (the remaining ones who have some) with emails trying to convince us that another perk is being taken away but it really is a good thing. No - mandatory unpaid week long company shutdown's are not a good thing. Neither are caps on PTO (to save you money when you lay us off) , new bonus structures that pay out less, or free goldfish crackers in replacement of free lunch.

There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!