There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson

3 people found this helpful  

If you're passionate about your work, run away; if you want an easy life - stay

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Software Developer
Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at LivePerson

Pros

1. You can be as laid back in your work as you like, if you talk a good game.
2. Nobody demands that you work hard - only that you are predictable in how long a task will take you.
3. Great atmosphere of wanting employees to have fun.
4. The sales and marketing teams have a way of turning sh*t into gold.

Cons

1. It will suck out your soul if you love being a developer.
2. R&D is made up of 10% great people, while the other 90% try and drag them down continuously.
3. Beaurocracy is the name of the game. You win if you can do things more by the book than the other guy.
4. First level management ranges from incompetent to lacking, with every level stuck every day all day in meetings they can't be pulled out of. Upper management talks about flattening the organization. How blind they are...
5. There is very little connection between Product and R&D in almost all cases.
6. There is a "Developer Mafia" there. Beware of them.
7. There is some sort of inherent fear of firing people. Not sure why that is, but there was one guy I heard about who didn't even show up half the time and still didn't get fired.
8. The CEO Is like a child that wants a new toy every year. The R&D is so dysfunctional that it often takes more than a year to satisfy his needs. Boom!

Advice to ManagementAdvice

I already gave my feedback when I left. Unfortunately, I think it just fell on deaf ears. Too bad, y'know...

Doesn't Recommend
Disapproves of CEO

64 Other Employee Reviews for LivePerson (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 1 person found this helpful  

    Very dynamic

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I worked at LivePerson

    Pros

    People, challenge, culture, opportunities and attitude

    Cons

    hard to get a good feedback

    Recommends
    Approves of CEO
  2.  

    Good compared to other High-Tech companies

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I worked at LivePerson

    Pros

    All are treated respectfully, somewhat of a family-type closeness - everyone knows everyone type of work-place.

    Cons

    Everyone is stretched to their limits, the job becomes a big part of your life, the work goes with you a lot of the time.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Have slightly more employees than the minimum possible capacity so that employees have less stress.

    Approves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson

Worked for LivePerson? Contribute to the Community!

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.