LivePerson

www.liveperson.com

If you're passionate about your work, run away; if you want an easy life - stay

Software Developer (Former Employee)

Pros1. You can be as laid back in your work as you like, if you talk a good game.
2. Nobody demands that you work hard - only that you are predictable in how long a task will take you.
3. Great atmosphere of wanting employees to have fun.
4. The sales and marketing teams have a way of turning sh*t into gold.

Cons1. It will suck out your soul if you love being a developer.
2. R&D is made up of 10% great people, while the other 90% try and drag them down continuously.
3. Beaurocracy is the name of the game. You win if you can do things more by the book than the other guy.
4. First level management ranges from incompetent to lacking, with every level stuck every day all day in meetings they can't be pulled out of. Upper management talks about flattening the organization. How blind they are...
5. There is very little connection between Product and R&D in almost all cases.
6. There is a "Developer Mafia" there. Beware of them.
7. There is some sort of inherent fear of firing people. Not sure why that is, but there was one guy I heard about who didn't even show up half the time and still didn't get fired.
8. The CEO Is like a child that wants a new toy every year. The R&D is so dysfunctional that it often takes more than a year to satisfy his needs. Boom!

Advice to Senior ManagementI already gave my feedback when I left. Unfortunately, I think it just fell on deaf ears. Too bad, y'know...

Very dynamic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LivePerson

Pros: People, challenge, culture, opportunities and attitude Cons: hard to get a good feedback Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good compared to other High-Tech companies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LivePerson

Pros: All are treated respectfully, somewhat of a family-type closeness -… Cons: Everyone is stretched to their limits, the job becomes a big part of… Advice to Senior Management: Have slightly more employees than the minimum possible capacity so… More
There are newer reviews on LivePerson.

Worked for LivePerson? Contribute to the Community!