There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson
There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson

See Most Recent

Helpful (6)

Good idea and product , but bad organizational culture

  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raanana (Israel)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raanana (Israel)

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Approves of CEO
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Approves of CEO

Pros

Good idea, excellent product, excellent marketing, fast growing company, good physical office.

Cons

Bad implementation of product (many legacy parts), political and sarcastic organizational culture in israel branch, egocentric and egoistic managers in israel branch, although mission statements are " be an owner and help others" in fact approach is so different from mission statement.

Advice to Management

Please check Cons

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  • Any Status
  1. Helpful (3)

    If you're passionate about your work, run away; if you want an easy life - stay

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

    I worked at LivePerson

    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    1. You can be as laid back in your work as you like, if you talk a good game. 2. Nobody demands that you work hard - only that you are predictable in how long a task will take you. 3. Great atmosphere of wanting employees to have fun. 4. The sales and marketing teams have a way of turning sh*t into gold.

    Cons

    1. It will suck out your soul if you love being a developer. 2. R&D is made up of 10% great people, while the other 90% try and drag them down continuously. 3. Beaurocracy is the name of the game. You win if you can do things more by the book than the other guy. 4. First level management ranges from incompetent to lacking, with every level stuck every day all day in meetings they can't be pulled out of. Upper management talks about flattening the organization. How blind they are... 5. There is very little connection between Product and R&D in almost all cases. 6. There is a "Developer Mafia" there. Beware of them. 7. There is some sort of inherent fear of firing people. Not sure why that is, but there was one guy I heard about who didn't even show up half the time and still didn't get fired. 8. The CEO Is like a child that wants a new toy every year. The R&D is so dysfunctional that it often takes more than a year to satisfy his needs. Boom!

    Advice to Management

    I already gave my feedback when I left. Unfortunately, I think it just fell on deaf ears. Too bad, y'know...


  2. Helpful (1)

    Very dynamic

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I worked at LivePerson

    Recommends
    Approves of CEO
    Recommends
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    People, challenge, culture, opportunities and attitude

    Cons

    hard to get a good feedback


There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson
There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson

See Most Recent

Work at LivePerson? Share Your Experiences

LivePerson

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.