There are newer employer reviews for LivePerson

overall good place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Ra`ananna (Israel)
Former Employee - Consultant in Ra`ananna (Israel)

I worked at LivePerson

Pros

Company offered good benefits, and a good salary. Employees are close-knit like a family and I found some really great friends there.

Cons

We were expected to work long hours, and work-life balance was not always respected. I found there to be limited room for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunities for personal growth and for career development. Offer real and not nominal stock options for lower-level employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Over-Achievers Paradise

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Company culture and development opportunities are set up to reward those who work hardest and can sustain that level of passion over long periods of time. As a result, people are often promoted from within to leadership positions.

The company does their best to allow staff to contribute to all aspects of the business, regardless of role or function. For over-achievers and people who enjoy having extra responsibilities, this is a great place to be.

The core product has a lot of potential. LivePerson has been leading the way in terms of getting the market to see the value in "messaging", versus traditional contact methods like phone and email. You have to be somewhat passionate about this movement in order to be engaged and excited to work here.

Cons

Constant shuffle of sales/customer strategy. Company vision has mostly remained the same, but the messaging to the market has been slippery and hard to grasp without lengthy conversations and demos. This could be the nature of the beast, but I've seen much clearer product pitches from firms offering up even more complicated solutions.

The product/platform that is being sold to customers is developed and maintained in Israel while the the rest of the company's traditional corporate functions are headquartered here in NY. This creates an inherent disconnect and sometimes feels like there are multiple companies instead of one cohesive organization.

Advice to Management

More education and emphasis on the product/platform is needed across the board. Sales ("field") teams need to have better alignment with the actual people that maintain and develop LiveEngage. Rethink your strategy of having your R&D and Product teams in a different location than your Sales and Marketing Teams. Give the CEO a break and give someone else a shot at articulating the vision and future of the company.

LivePerson Response

Jul 6, 2015Head of Global Workplace Engagement

We do love our "Over Achievers" and always strive to create a workplace focused on our people bringing their passion and energy while joining forces to make things happen every day.

Many thanks
    ... More

Great experience if you can avoid the weirdness of the CEO/CMO

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and culture are amazing. For the most part when people are on the same page things go well. 25% year over year growth us great for a company of this size but its not due to current head of field operations. Previous leaders were the catalysts to this growth after years/quarters of marginal growth.

Cons

We use the term "meaningful connections" as the companies main tag line/value prop/differentiator but I have to question how sincere this is as after being at the company for a few years and having minimal interaction with the CEO, one day a quick question turns into a 1:1 where I'm told my performance is being evaluated on goals never given, discussed or agreed on in annual performance reviews. It's like an umpire changing the rules of a baseball game in the 7th inning.

Constant churn in leadership roles (Sales, Marketing, Operations) makes it very inconsistent to receive proper feedback, coaching and mentoring. The company had the right people but I guess just like he will with me, the CEO/CMO's quirkiness and lack of creating meaningful connections with employees led to them leaving for greener pastures.

Also, the product is not Enterprise ready. Large customers will continue to be an attrition problem if the platform is not able to integrate beyond Ctrl V/Ctrl C.

Advice to Management

Kudos on the new messaging as its very compelling. I ask, no beg you to hold the sales reps to delivering it as they are already downplaying the whole Kill The 800# & #HoldNoMore as they are too afraid to deliver it. Get them to embrace being disruptive and provocative. If they don't all this will have been for nothing.

LivePerson Response

Jul 6, 2015Head of Global Workplace Engagement

I appreciate the feedback as it will help us improve how we address things related to outcomes and results driven conversations for our people. I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do and no one ... More