There are newer employer reviews for LiveText

Politics and unproffesional behavior run supreme

I worked at LiveText full-time

Pros

Salary is OK, but not that competitive

Cons

Cliche management team who is over controlling and authoritative toward its employees. Benefits are minimal and certainly not industry standard

Advice to Management

This company has a very high attrition rate because they treat their employees poorly, they have an overinflated sense of themselves and can't accept perspectives or suggestions that are different than their own. Hire managers who know how to cultivate the strenghts of the employees and that allow for indepedent thinking and engage in true strategic planning (rather than being so recationary) and this company could do well.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company Culture is Thriving and Evolving

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LiveText full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

What I find most exciting about working at LiveText is the commitment to providing professional development opportunities. I feel like I am in an environment where I can engage with complex problems in a collaborative and meaningful way that leads to solutions that make a positive difference for my clients. It has been over 8 years at LiveText and I feel that I have grown tremendously from where I started. This growth is a direct result of the coaching, feedback, and confidence I have received from my co-workers and managers.

Cons

There is a high expectation for excellence. Sometimes that can feel intimidating to some people. It takes a good deal of resilience to navigate what feels like negativity, which is really just support to reach beyond what's easy. This isn't necessarily a CON, but I imagine it feels that way to some.

Advice to Management

Consider offering ongoing professional development/personal growth opportunities to all employees.

Outdated and indecisive

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in La Grange, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in La Grange, IL

I worked at LiveText full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Was able to work mostly telecommute so I didn't have to be in a cubicle farm every day. The code base, written in Perl, wasn't bad.

Cons

The biggest problem I had with LiveText was nobody seemed to be the final word on a decision that needed to be made.

There are newer employer reviews for LiveText