There are newer employer reviews for LiveVox

Nice people, but very chaotic work environment.

I worked at LiveVox

Pros

The technology is very interesting and the employees are very nice and all hardworking. Benefits are good. There are a lot of challenges and opportunities to take initiative.

Cons

Very frenetic and disorganized work environment. Employees are hardworking, but have difficulty setting and sticking with priorities. Too many developers are involved with tech support. Significant development time is lost to troubleshooting and support.

Advice to Management

Build out a dedicated support team to allow developers to focus on coding and feature development.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Interesting product, lousy process. A fixer-upper.

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at LiveVox

Pros

They have an interesting product and a fun crew. The office is in a good location.

Cons

They have no process, little technical experience, and a poorly architecture product. Their employees are scattered all over the globe, so they have big communication and cohesion problems. Senior management seems not to care about code quality. The codebase is full of very poorly architected solutions, shortcuts, and hacks. The mantra everyone there chants is "we had to do it that way because we had no time and had to win the customer". They have obviously been burned by lack of change management in the past, and now freak out when forced to contemplate doing things differently.

Advice to Management

High experienced engineering leaders who can stand up to you. Learn how to develop software.

not great but not horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LiveVox full-time

Pros

Nice downtown SF location. I'm reading they are moving though so that might be a problem.

Cons

Aspect bought them with Golden Gate capital. After,all the talented managers left the company and they weren't replaced. Its not the CEO's fault. He's not a leader but he's pretty smart. They just ran out of talent and never replaced it.

Advice to Management

Go get better talent. It could be fun again. From what I know its bad right now but it could change.