There are newer employer reviews for Livefyre

Great place to grow your career and learn from your peers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time

Pros

Great benefits, company events, and learning opportunities. Open to internal collaboration and each person has a chance to shine in their role, or through other methods of giving back (social, charity, etc). You'll learn more at Livefyre than you ever learned in school or other jobs combined. Great coworkers making it easy to come to work every day.

Cons

There are always things we wish we could do better. There is so much going on it can be hard to keep up with what other teams are working on, so need to ask a lot of questions to get a full picture of the business and products.

Advice to Management

With so much going on it can be hard to know what our true vision and company goals are for the next 3-12 months. More transparency into overall business would be great.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. An amazing mix of tough challenges, great people, and stratospheric growth

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The perfect workplace doesn't exist. That said, Livefyre comes as close as is likely possible. The work environment is intellectually challenging (in a good way) every day. We are solving tough problems technically, and we get to operate a platform at a level of scale that few companies achieve. The environment is scrappy and fun, and the people who are here truly strive to make the environment, technology, and products second-to-none. The customer base has growth tremendously, and competitors have fallen by the wayside due to the hard work of everyone across the organization. Livefyre has a "all customers should be happy customers" mantra, and this shows in our customer and employee retention.

Cons

As I stated in the "Pros", the perfect workplace doesn't exist. The following "Cons" are minor in the scheme of the tremendous positive aspects of Livefyre. The speed at which the company operates can be challenging for some. There have been periods of work/life and leadership imbalance during periods of rapid growth. We have the occasional episode of start-up immaturity as leadership continues to mature. Goal-setting for employees has been hit or miss at times, but has gotten consistently better.

Advice to Management

Continue to structure the company for team success(es), and continue to remain committed to hiring only the best.

Fast, challenging problems, a place to thrive

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time

Pros

I've been for several years now. It's the best place I've worked. The growth has been radical, and the technology challenges increasingly fall into the "computationally hard" category, which you rarely see in practice; or, you go some place so big they're already solved.

In that, it's professionally demanding. That kind of work, even for the brightest, requires a professional approach and the team expects you to rise to the occasion, because they have as well. But people are always willing to help; it's a strong team ethic.

In all that, it's fun. It's a young vibrant company where people are witty, caring, funny, and genuinely helpful. You'll make genuine friends.

Cons

The people who thrive at Livefyre are driven and passionate about doing something interesting. They're excitable. They have professional standards and ethics. And Livefyre is a not simply a paycheck and good place to play ping-pong (which it is good for both), but it's a vehicle to something awesome. You're already awesome, but you know you can be even more awesome.

If you're just looking for a job with a timecard, a SOP, effusive pats on the back, or to be told what to do, it's not the right place.

Advice to Management

Keep filling the team with people strive for awesome.