Living Direct

www.livingdirect.com

Cultural Improvements with a Positive Future Ahead

ProsI joined LivingDirect because there is a lot of opportunity to grow, learn and be apart of a team that is not found in most companies. The senior and executive management is down to earth, open to ideas and opinions, and they treat everyone as peers and equals. There have been some strategic team changes in the company to force departments out of their silos and to interact with each other and learn from each other...for some people that can be scary but for building a strong long term culture it's the right thing to do. I've worked in companies with silos and where departments are pitted against each other, and that's not fun and kills your spirit and limits what you can accomplish and the experience you can gain. Speaking to that, the culture here is more like a start-up and they allow you to take calculated risks in an effort to make things better. Yes, it can be hard to take that risk personally because if you fail you have to own it. But the beauty of LivingDirect is that mistakes are allowed and encouraged so long as you learn from them and share what you learned. I think that's a quality that is easily overlooked and rarely found in companies these days. Hence I've already done more and learned more at this company then in any other company I've worked for and I owe that to the confidence and trust the leadership team has in me and everyone else who works here. How many places have you worked where you have the fear of being fired for making one mistake and that's stopped you from figuring out whether something would truly be worth it?

ConsThe company motto is "Lagniappe" and each letter stands for a company value. When a company stands for that many values it is hard to do every one of them all the time and at times I too have struggled to get behind all of them in every situation I face. The good news though is the leadership teams recognizes this dilemma and has proactively engaged all of us to give them feedback on what we think of those values and what values are most important to us...being included in this process is cool and I think will build a better foundation for all of us (employees) to get behind if done correctly. Lastly, one personal struggle I've had is the amount of work there is - it's challenging to keep up with sometimes especially during peek periods but it is ecommerce and there will always be those demands.In general I think the opportunities out weight the occasional loss of some family time.

Advice to Senior Management1. Come up with 3 core values that quide all company decisions and direction (not easy I'm sure). They should be values that all employees can get behind, understand, and make decisions on themselves without having to ask someone else if that's what it means.

2. Prioritize the work further. The teams are more robust now than they've ever been but the amount of work is still enormous and we need your guidance to prioritize it further.

3. With all the innovation and freedom to make things better sometimes we err on the side of productivity which can result in doing the wrong thing quickly sometimes. I think we should try to be more strategic with our innovation so we do the right thing even if it takes more time.

I feel for the workers and the customers who shop here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Living Direct

Pros: The average employees are generally good people to work with and you can… Cons: The company has a continuous sale running every day that is not an actual sale. Instead they change prices to make a sale appear… Advice to Senior Management: Hard to advise people that don't listen and already know everything. You can get a lot from your lower level employees if you give… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good long-term employer

I have been working at Living Direct

Pros: A decent place to work if you're only looking to gain some ecommerce experience, nice building in a nice… Cons: A company struggling to find itself, high churn, lower than average pay, management doesn't know what it's doing in regard to company growth and establishing… Advice to Senior Management: The running joke around the company is that the "E"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Living Direct.

Worked for Living Direct? Contribute to the Community!