LivingSocial

www.livingsocial.com
There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial

Great company, awesome people, fast moving

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Event Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LivingSocial part-time (more than a year)

Pros

LivingSocial goes to extreme lengths to make sure the people they bring on staff are of the highest class and talent. Whether that be sales to EC's, they are all awesome!

Cons

Don't expect a lot of the rules to be followed that you would find at a bigger older company. Some policy issues still need to be flushed out.

Keep it up!

426 Other Employee Reviews for LivingSocial (View Most Recent)

amazing

Current Employee - Experience Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Experience Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at LivingSocial part-time (more than a year)

Pros

you'll meet incredible people that will be like a second family to you

Cons

not much room for movement, working in one division might be a conflict of interest with another

add more full-time positions, starting consolidating all the divisions

It seems like fun at first, but they overwork you, under pay you, and worst of all, don't value you.

Current Employee - Sales Support in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Washington, DC

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great office locations (downtown DC). Employees are very close and spend a lot of time together after-work (which is a pro if you are single and fresh out of college, not so good if you're 30 years old and don't want to get drunk on Monday's and hook-up). They do fun events like the Olympics and Oscars. Snacks in the kitchen. Free beer. Great health care plan.

Cons

A lot of the management is just terrible. They don't listen to ideas, they don't encourage you, they bark and bark and bark. I feel especially bad for the sales team, whose comp plans gets changed every other month. Instead of promoting from within they hire externally. The pay is low. When I was on the sales team they made us work 60 hour weeks, though contract says 40.

Don't be so unapproachable. People at LivingSocial work very hard for you and deserve more recognition. Free food and drink doesn't feel as good as being recognized for your ideas and contributions. Don't take credit for other people's ideas! Sadly I see this happen frequently in some departments.

There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial