There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial

Compensation is Amazing- the Stress level is HIGH

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing company that has a clear vision and direction. They completely take care of their employees. Benefits are outstanding.

Cons

Really ambitious goals- too ambitious. It is hard to balance family and work. I work ALL the time to hit goals. It really upsets my kids. I live in fear of being fired all the time. It is the most stressful job ever & I have no job security.

The goals need to make it possible to have a family and work life balance. It burns people out too fast. You can only run like this for so long before you just get tired and decide its not worth it.

367 Other Employee Reviews for LivingSocial (View Most Recent)

Great Employees, bad communication.

I worked at LivingSocial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the most intelligent hard working individuals work there, which made it fun to go to work.

Cons

Horrible communication. Leadership was held by those with little experience who did not know how to manage people.

The Golden Goose Has Been Slaughtered

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Compensation and Benefits
    - Autonomy - control of your own schedule
    - Value provided to merchants
    - Great co-workers and immediate supervisor
    - Both laptop and iPad provided

Cons

- Communication of pertinent elements lacking (I missed out on $6k in commission because my conversion to a different pay-plan was not administered property. Their response - "sorry."
    - Lots of emails, texts, and voice-mails that do not add any value - they actually become a distraction unless you turn all those elements "off"
    - Long, long hours - 75-80+ hours to week especially for your first 6 months
    - Constant change indicates lack of focus and direction
    - Was just part of Black Thursday where they laid-off 400 employees - I was 209% against quota but territories are being restructured and it appears they are moving toward a predominately inside sales team vs. outside sales.

- Stop spending venture capital money like you have won the lottery. With revenue from past deals it is outstanding you incurred a $300+ million deficit.
    - Constant communication is fine as long as it adds value. Replying all with "Boom" or "I'm in!" 15 times per day does nothing to help me exceed quota.

There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial

Worked for LivingSocial? Contribute to the Community!