LivingSocial

www.livingsocial.com
  www.livingsocial.com
There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial

LivingSocial is young, fun, and working out the kinks.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a very young company with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Ups and downs of a start up.

Listen and respect your employees. They want to succeed and help the company do the same.

414 Other Employee Reviews for LivingSocial (View Most Recent)

Best Job Ever

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I count my blessings everyday at this job. I feel valued and well compensated for every effort. There would be nowhere else I could make 6 figures my first year on the job. The role of MC is creative and thought-provoking as we craft the best deals for our merchants based on market research. Even as an outside sales rep I have been made to feel like part of a team. I am in love with my job and couldn't ask for more.

Cons

This is a high stress-high return job. If you don't like to feel the pressure it may not be a fit for you.

Keep it up! My managers have helped me to grow both personally and professional. I feel like they have all truly invested in my success!

NO longer is the company I loved

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay , work from home, but you work 50 hrs per week, the product used to work better, but greediness and constant production changes have ruined the product instead of allowing the company to scale safely.

Cons

No recognition for loyalty, respect for seniority or experience. Instead, they expect you to work twice as hard and deal with twice the bull. The longer you work here the harder it gets. They hire new managers from outside with no technical proficiency, leadership skills, or capacity for social media or current media. This has been consistent in my region. (After firing perfectly stellar employees in November, now hiring cheaper or keeping incompetent ones). Since current management is incestuously connected up the ladder, there is no outlet to report to the company. Overbearing,constant berating, and foul, incompetent management. For instance, A regional sales director has two full time sales managers, to manage 15 seasoned Sales Staff. Three Full time managers, for 15 people. it is Impossible to take vacation, with possibility of no commission for the month even if you are over performing. No territory protection. Must reach out to hundreds of customers every 15 days, and log activity while expected to be on the road all day. Can lose accounts for punctuation or typos. Ridiculous competition with inside sales, when we shout "local" in our Branding. Customers can not request a local rep. Constant adversity with production, no communication with production, it is like two different companies. Setting up several sales people to call on merchants causing mass confusion and annoyance for merchants.Constant changing of compensation, approval guidelines, renewal guidelines, and production staff. Constantly screwing up flow of work for outside sales and merchants. People are now leaving daily.

Anonymously Survey your employees about the support they do not get from management. When hiring managers, test them on social media and technical proficiency. I should not have to train my direct reports. Actually had to recently teach a long time manager how to enter a merchant, g-chat and generate on agreement. You have no clue what goes on out here. Take a look at the bottom performing regions, and note that it reflects directly from the leadership. Promote inside executives who know what they are doing to management. Scale down management, and keep your promises. Frequently, I receive a negative regional email telling me how our team sucks, we are at the bottom, and not to "Drop our Pants" like the competition does. It is Disgusting. Especially when higher management is CC'd On it.

There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial