Never a dull moment

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moves fast to address change, challenges. Creative, innovative, pays good employees well, accountable for realistic goals. Smart people coming up with smart ideas. Innovative and invigorating atmosphere. Fast paced intelligent company. Fair pay, good benefits, progressive company atmosphere. Hires competent people and expects high standards.

Cons

Corporate management is young and inexperienced. Rules come from nowhere are not always well explained. Has a "top down" us vs. them approach to sales team. Doesn't ask or listen to ideas from the field. Says things like "I will allow, I will permit" rather than working as a team with consultative approach. Many in corporate just don't understand our clients. Gets in the way of its own progress with cumbersome processes and rules. Very little transparent higher management communication.

Advice to Management

Get more flexible deal approval criteria on the street where sometimes rules might not apply - we're missing opportunities in the name of following rules and missing ideas by not listening to sales teams in the field every day.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

RUN as fast as you can from this company!!

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home iPad and computer provided Great benefits Training in DC

Cons

People in DC approve deals in your city Although your quota is 20/month, these cannot be met because half are denied by corporate Management doesn't listen Follow up training is non-existant Your mentor is so busy trying to meet their goals that they do not have time to help

Advice to Management

Realize that there is a learning curve Treat your employees with respect Go to bat for them to help push their deals through

Fun hip company that lacks strong leadership and realistic goals.

Former Employee - Media Consultant
    Former Employee - Media Consultant

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule, great benefits.

Cons

Horrible training, unrealistic goals, low pay. They get you excited about the company saying its a 1-2 call close when really it's more like a 10 call close. Run not walk from working here! If you want to consistently close 18 accounts a month, then this job is for you! No growth opportunity either.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that actually sold the product not a bunch of cheerleaders that have no idea!