There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial

Great company but uncertain terrain ahead.

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great atmosphere, they took care of their outside sales team.

Cons

The industry in general has become a big question mark.

Advice to Management

None

reviews filtered by

Total TRAIN WRECK of a company and of a future

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It used to be so fun and exciting and very friendly. It used to be a place that was something to be enthusiastic about

Cons

This company is awful and sinking. I work in the Northwest and it is so bad up here. The merchants think we are a joke, no one wants to partner with us, our offerings are lame, the management is so vain and out of line. They talk and carry themselves like they are proud. In reality, they are in denial and no one in our office or on our team is buying it. Sales team is falling apart, they get hired and then they leave or get fired within a few weeks. They hate their sales manager and make fun of her right to her face and behind her back. One sales person actually said they were embarrassed to have her on a sales call because she looked homeless and carried herself like a piece of white trash. I have known her for a while and that is a perfect description.
    The attitude is so overblown and egos are through the roof, but where does it come from? GroupOn has out-performed, out classed, and crushed us at every step. It seems like we copy them and try and play catch up, but yet our management tries to get us to pitch how superior we are??? Do they honestly think anyone believes that? The staff doesn't, the merchants don't, and the consumers know better.
    I actually looked at my credit card statement and realized I buy GroupOn deals at a rate of 8-1 over the past 10 months. I have purchased 86 deals from GroupdOn and 4 from my own company. That tells me everything I need to know right there.
    I am disgusted with my company, with my manager's attitude, and with the inflated egos from executive who have lost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Advice to Management

Close and stop hurting people's lives and your merchant partners. I work for a fraud.

This company is dead in the water and they know it

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cool culture and really good health benefits. Working from home is nice

Cons

Total chasers of groupon. They have no clue on direction. They lie and mislead. They change goals and targets every other day. No focus and just lame all around. Desperate company making desperate decisions.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing groupon and think of something new. Your arrogance for a broke company is laughable. You act cocky and like you are on top but you are playing with people's lives and families. You should be ashamed.

There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial