There are newer employer reviews for LivingSocial

I would rather be poor sometimes!!!!

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and drinks that is about all I can think of.

Cons

Micromanagement, promotions make no sense they just take the best salesperson who got to the top cheating. The managers have no management qualities. Financially unstable. This place sucks biggest waste of my time. They find ways not to pay you hint: the commission structure.

Advice to Management

Get a backbone and run your team not by those dumb metrics. You will keep no employees the way all of you manage.

Other Employee Reviews for LivingSocial

1. Great team members, but horrible management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at LivingSocial full-time

Pros

I had the pleasure to work with some incredibly talented people on my team; fun environment; given the opportunity to build lots of skills because you wear multiple hats

Cons

incredibly incompetent people in management, HR, and benefits; senior management is a bro club; favoritism toward people who went to Georgetown; poor communication between teams; one of the company's values is to "fail fast" but any project that was a bit riskier and did not work out, the team was laid off; pay is terrible (speaking as a non-sales related job)

Advice to Management

Better educate your senior management on how to be good managers

2. Good effort--missed target

Pros

This is a high energy work place, non cubicle work environment and a trendy place to work.

Cons

This company seeks younger people. I am not against or saying young people in a company is a negative thing, however, in a start-up, you may want to seek multiple aged employees for more experienced knowledge across the board. Perks; not many.

Advice to Management

Consider focus. Work on enjoying your employees, helping us to feel value and you might have a better reputation. Your culture and values are one thing, and then your people are another. Treat us better, and keep focus.