There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne

Great people, not so much the company...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne

Pros

- Great benefits - 21 days PTO, unlimited sick days, summer hours
- Amazing AMAZING people. Communication is very open and employees are constantly helping you out if you need. It is very laid back - I saw a review about how there was a lot of office gossip and chitchatting. From my point of view, yes there was gossip and chit chat, but that's expected! People know when they need to get down to business and they work hard. We were not slackers, at least not in my division. I learned so much during my time at Liz...

Cons

- Bad leadership (Bill McComb) and instability of company. Employees are jumping ship because they fear they aren't safe in the long term ...and who can blame them? With all the layoffs and change within the company, no one feels safe. Hopefully Liz (now 5th and Pacific...) will come around and make a comeback. But it has lost its spark, and its direction.

get it together man!!

70 Other Employee Reviews for Liz Claiborne (View Most Recent)

The WORST place ever!

Current Employee - Shipping Associate  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Shipping Associate in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Liz Claiborne

Pros

good benefits and vacation time

Cons

very unorganized and terrible leadership at the corporate office which would be why we are closing

Rollercoaster ride of highs & lows due to frequent re-organization of company by sr. mgmt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne

Pros

Excellent benefits - but only for those who are hired in NY- if you work for one of the divisions in LA, you may not receive the same package.
    In NY, 21 days of vacation out of the gate, frequent sample sales, matching 401K, good health insurance. Great group of people, many with long careers in the industry - good place to learn about the wholesale fashion business.
    Some of my very best, challenging & productive work years were spent there - I'm proud to be an alumni.

Cons

Liz Claiborne was founded as a company with forward-thinking respect for its employees & the core of that has survived on the corporate level - however, its brands have increasing autonomy - not all of them share the same values. It's a shame.

Liz Claiborne has a legacy of delivering to its accounts well made, innovative product in a timely fashion - its wholesale backbone & team of experienced professionals are a valuable resource.

There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne

Worked for Liz Claiborne? Contribute to the Community!