This was my first job after I graduated from college. It was a great training ground for the fashion industry,

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Merchandiser in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne full-time

Pros

Excellent industry training. Many places to move within the company. Strong business relationships. Bought new, exciting brands like Juicy Couture into the mix. Sample sales!

Cons

Brand became watered- down. Too many Liz-brands that didn't differentiate enough from each other.

The LIZ brand is still powerful but there is a strong need to redefine it or re-invent it for today's market.

Other Reviews for Liz Claiborne

great when I started...went downhill when Paul Charron left! and changing the name to Fifth & Pacific won't save them!

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator  in  North Bergen, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in North Bergen, NJ

I worked at Liz Claiborne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great people, benefits, opportunities and just plain fun to go to work - at least at the time!

Cons

politics, HR BS, narrow vision within the company...but they did provide excellent international job growth opportunities...

what made you think outsourcing would be, in the longterm, a cost savings? you ended up, for all intents and purposes, re-instituting DBA 'services' back in-house...thanks! HR (at least at that time) couldn't be trusted...one (or more) generalists left because they refused to be a part of the BS...and as with a lot of private sector companies - you played shell games with employees' job/job ...futures...AND got away with it

Great people, not so much the company...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne

Pros

- Great benefits - 21 days PTO, unlimited sick days, summer hours
    - Amazing AMAZING people. Communication is very open and employees are constantly helping you out if you need. It is very laid back - I saw a review about how there was a lot of office gossip and chitchatting. From my point of view, yes there was gossip and chit chat, but that's expected! People know when they need to get down to business and they work hard. We were not slackers, at least not in my division. I learned so much during my time at Liz...

Cons

- Bad leadership (Bill McComb) and instability of company. Employees are jumping ship because they fear they aren't safe in the long term ...and who can blame them? With all the layoffs and change within the company, no one feels safe. Hopefully Liz (now 5th and Pacific...) will come around and make a comeback. But it has lost its spark, and its direction.

get it together man!!

There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne.

Worked for Liz Claiborne? Contribute to the Community!