There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne

Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne

Pros

The people are really nice and easygoing. I barely had to stay late - basically 9-5 job.

Cons

There's way too much gossip and drama (but then again, most companies are like this). Also, the work is too relaxed. Everyone spends a lot of time chit chatting rather than doing actual work.

During my time, I've seen many people come and go. I really wish Liz Claiborne retained those who actually provided their time and effort in the company.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Liz Claiborne (View Most Recent)

Has seen its better days

Former Employee - Store Manager in Harriman, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Harriman, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne

Pros

They had a great benefit package, although it would have been nice to have
    a pension out of it.

Cons

Has sold off so much of their brands acquired in the past that they have lost a great number of their customers, yet expect Mangers to convert by selling low quality "fashion".

Too late to offer advice for Liz. Looks like they will never get back that classic line, have lost their
    base of shoppers and instead cater to the teeny boppers by invbesting in all the kiddie lines....DKNY, Lucky, Juicy, Kensie....

Glad to be out of there

Past its "Hey Day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Liz Claiborne

Pros

Good work/life balance, flexible for mothers, good benefits. Decent discounts on products. Excellent legacy in apparel industry.

Cons

promotions and salary are arbitrary. No path for advancement. They thinned out much of the company over the past year without thinking about how lay offs would affect the operations first. You have to know people to get anything done. Poor communication between teams - people constantly ignore emails and phone calls from colleagues within the company.

Invest in your employees. Stop wasting money on useless office redesigns and collateral.

There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne