Liz Claiborne

There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne

The company's strategies are focused on Juicy, Lucky and kate spade.

Current Employee - Director Product Development in New York, NY
Current Employee - Director Product Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Liz Claiborne

Pros

Great long term associates that have mutual respect.

Cons

Lack of growth and stability,

Focus on long term profitibility and viablity of the brands.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Liz Claiborne (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, too bad the company is struggling

Current Employee - Administrative in North Bergen, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative in North Bergen, NJ

I have been working at Liz Claiborne

Pros

workforce is vibrant and fashionable. Dress code is casual and sample sales are excellent. Many talented people culture is not overly cut throat many people are willing to share knowledge and help you grow. Having a gym and cafeteria on site is great. Very family friendly, no one looks down on you for having a family and they allow you time to be with them. Vacation package is very generous.

Cons

There are a lot of inviduals in c level management that are complete idiots, shame really. CEO seems to be at loss for how to turn company around and just keeps shedding brands. Divisional associates that do not work for upper managements "pet" brands get little to no company wide recognition. Juicy, lucky, kate ENOUGH! There are other brands in the portfolio recognize them. Also constant layoffs have left many people on edge and overworked.

Company should implement peer based review process so associates can get recognition for accomplishments that management may not always be aware of. Also if subordinates were allowed to review their superiors it would help them identify faults within their own management styles and also weed out some of these management duds that have the gift of gab and not much else.

Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne

Pros

The people are really nice and easygoing. I barely had to stay late - basically 9-5 job.

Cons

There's way too much gossip and drama (but then again, most companies are like this). Also, the work is too relaxed. Everyone spends a lot of time chit chatting rather than doing actual work.

During my time, I've seen many people come and go. I really wish Liz Claiborne retained those who actually provided their time and effort in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne