Lloyd Group

www.lloydgroup.com

The Land of Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGrowth opportunity: It's there and yours for the taking. All up to you.

Open door policy: 24/7 access to management from the top down (personal or professional).

Culture: Ranked the 35th Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain's NY Business. Great people always willing to lend a hand and get things done. Most have relationships inside and outside of the office. Lloyd is about being a community with employees, partners, clients and friends.

Transparency: Management will tell you really anything you want to know. Just ask.

Rewarding: You have ownership of your projects. As a small company you can make things your own and build a foundation/process or implement a new idea that's reach is company-wide.

Education: It's a small business environment. You get exposure to all areas of Lloyd and while it is hands down a challenging environment, you can't get a better professional education.

SUMMARY: Lloyd really does offer you the opportunity to mold your career into whatever you want it to be (within reason). Everyone here wants you to succeed and wants to see the company succeed. You can be hired with any background/degree and have the opportunity to move up the chain in a short period of time. The company is experiencing fast-paced growth and promotes internally before hiring into senior roles. Your career at Lloyd is what you are willing to put in, but it will be rewarded and recognized in this environment (it's not uncommon for the CEO/COO to send you a "great job" email or take you to lunch). The person who would best succeed here is comfortable with regular change, extremely hard working and detail oriented, and does not require a role with laser eye focus on one task/job responsibility.

ConsTraining: As a young company, there are many people that are eager to learn new skill sets, or learn to improve the skills they use in their role. Lloyd can maximize the output and performance of employees by investing in more professional development programs.

Advice to Senior Management"The Other Side View": It would be a great exercise to have employees better understand what different departments are working on and what challenges they face to create a greater sense of empathy between colleagues. Most of operations is very tactical and if we can change mindsets to have a more strategic approach, I think employees and our clients would see the impact/value. IT is a fast-paced industry and we don't often put ourselves in each others shoes to understand workload, priorities, time involved in a task, and the affect what we do has on each other's roles.

Lloyd Group Response

Jul 12, 2013Brand Manager

What a thorough review! Thank you for the effort and time you took here; your words will provide tremendous value for readers. Your advice and challenges mentioned seem to sum up to one area we ... More

Very proffesional and focussed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time

Pros: Proffesional approach towards every aspect of work , good growth prospects… Cons: it is very beauractic and takes long time for … Advice to Senior Management: Pls get decision implemented easily Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Organizational Culture - Limited Opportunities & Compensation Growth

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - There is so much to learn and the challenge is there (depending on the position) - Team building events - Entry-level opportunities for college graduates… Cons: - Favoritism - Lack of honesty and professionalism - Training and onboarding stucture is poor - No real growth opportunities and direction -… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to train and communicate effectively and not expect your staff to know what your thinking.Create and demonstrate realistic growth oppotrtunities.Avoid abusing power over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Lloyd Group.

Worked for Lloyd Group? Contribute to the Community!