There are newer employer reviews for Lloyd Group

Lloyd Group is the epitome of Work Hard/Play Hard and rewards those who do!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for entry level people who have the drive to work hard and who want to learn. Lloyd is definitely NOT for the lazy or complacent type.

Promotes from within! One of Lloyd's greatest attributes is it's investment in it's people - providing them the professional, and personal, growth necessary to advance and then providing them with career opportunities when they do. Almost ALL of Lloyd's promotions are from within the organization.

Speaking of professional growth - Lloyd provides its employees with the educational and career opportunities needed to grow. From technical certifications to networking groups to guest speakers brought in to educate and motivate.

Emphasis on culture - and while some will associate that with our events, it's not all about that (though they ARE awesome!). It's the shared sense of making ourselves and our company be better. It's that sense of shared responsibility, looking out for each other, and yes - wanting to go hit happy hour or dinner at the end of a day with your friends from the office. It's the difference between viewing your employer as just 'a job' as opposed to your career, where you work with some amazing people who feel the way you do.

Cons

While I do not agree with the people who have posted Cons as Lloyd not being transparent (transparency is one of our core values) or that there is favoritism (you get out what you put in - hard work is rewarded), I will agree to some of the more constructive criticism on here.

Decision making process does seem to drag on at times where quicker resolution/answers would be helpful.

Need to continue to improve upon the new hire process. It's definitely improved since the time I was hired but I know more needs to be done to prepare new hires for their role and how the different centers work together.

Get more feedback from within the organization on a periodic basis and see what people are looking for or feel that they're lacking. Some of the concerns or 'cons' they've listed might simply be addressed with improved communication between the organization and the employees. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing!

Jun 25, 2013Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback for Lloyd and the Glassdoor community. It is extremely helpful in our commitment to the intentional evolution of our practices ... More

22 Other Employee Reviews for Lloyd Group (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn and develop, fun culture.

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lloyd is a fast-paced environment with tremendous opportunities for people starting out in IT. I couldn't imagine learning as much as I have as quickly as I have at another company. While the work can certainly be stressful, I genuinely like everyone I work with, and have made some lifelong friends.

Cons

Lloyd is too lean, and we are pressed for resources at times. If you're good at your job and don't need a lot of coaching, you may be left there for too long which can lead to burnout. I am concerned that salaries may be too low, as a lot of good people have left over the years.

Be more transparent with staff about company plans, both for internal staffing changes and acquisitions / large clients. Be more clear about career paths, and encourage staff to speak up if they are unhappy or looking to do something different within the organization.

Jul 12, 2013Brand Manager

Great content all around and helpful to hear viewpoints on Glassdoor from a current employee with substantial tenure. Here's what we are doing that will contribute to remediating the advice/concerns ... More

Fast paced, friendly, and fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A growing managed IT service provider that takes a genuine interest in the well-being and professional development of its employees. They also take an active, and even aggressive role, in promoting a fun and engaging culture. The company on the whole is rather young because they have been hiring so much lately, a great place for a young professional to start a career.

Cons

The relative youth of the working base of the company also has a drawback: things aren't necessarily handled as swiftly or accurately as a more experienced team could. This sometimes makes issues more troublesome than they otherwise should be.

Management performance reviews are completely absent, it is often difficult to get a decent sense for whether management sees your work as good, improving, etc.

We definitely need to develop some sort of performance review process. It would also be nice to see some actual training documentation and process, especially for the client relations roles.

Jul 12, 2013Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It's rewarding to hear that you recognize the emphasis we put towards professional development and an engaging culture. These two things are incredibly important to Lloyd ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Lloyd Group