Lloyd Group
www.lloydgroup.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Lloyd Group is the epitome of Work Hard/Play Hard and rewards those who do!

New York, NY

ProsGreat opportunity for entry level people who have the drive to work hard and who want to learn. Lloyd is definitely NOT for the lazy or complacent type.

Promotes from within! One of Lloyd's greatest attributes is it's investment in it's people - providing them the professional, and personal, growth necessary to advance and then providing them with career opportunities when they do. Almost ALL of Lloyd's promotions are from within the organization.

Speaking of professional growth - Lloyd provides its employees with the educational and career opportunities needed to grow. From technical certifications to networking groups to guest speakers brought in to educate and motivate.

Emphasis on culture - and while some will associate that with our events, it's not all about that (though they ARE awesome!). It's the shared sense of making ourselves and our company be better. It's that sense of shared responsibility, looking out for each other, and yes - wanting to go hit happy hour or dinner at the end of a day with your friends from the office. It's the difference between viewing your employer as just 'a job' as opposed to your career, where you work with some amazing people who feel the way you do.

ConsWhile I do not agree with the people who have posted Cons as Lloyd not being transparent (transparency is one of our core values) or that there is favoritism (you get out what you put in - hard work is rewarded), I will agree to some of the more constructive criticism on here.

Decision making process does seem to drag on at times where quicker resolution/answers would be helpful.

Need to continue to improve upon the new hire process. It's definitely improved since the time I was hired but I know more needs to be done to prepare new hires for their role and how the different centers work together.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more feedback from within the organization on a periodic basis and see what people are looking for or feel that they're lacking. Some of the concerns or 'cons' they've listed might simply be addressed with improved communication between the organization and the employees. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing!

Flag Review
Lloyd Group Brand Manager responded to this review Jun 25, 2013 EditDelete
Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback for Lloyd and the Glassdoor community. It is extremely helpful in our commitment to the intentional evolution of our practices ... More

Fast paced, friendly, and fun

New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: A growing managed IT service provider that takes a genuine interest in the well-being and professional development of its employees. They also take an active,… Cons: The relative youth of the working base of the company also has a drawback: things aren't necessarily handled as swiftly or accurately as a more… Advice to Senior Management: We definitely need to develop some sort of performance review process. It would also be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to Begin your IT/ Techie Career With

(Former Employee)

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: + Small sized teams organized by client base rather than solely by individual function within the company + Promotions internally are common - recognition of… Cons: + Too much business to get through before you get to truly develop any technical or top level engineering skills + Pay imbalances until you… Advice to Senior Management: + convey expectations internally as best as possible to avoid not having a unified front when dealing with clients outside of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lloyd Group.

Worked for Lloyd Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lloyd Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lloyd Group CEO Adam Eiseman. All reviews posted anonymously by Lloyd Group employees.