Great Company- Hard Work For The Future

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Loblaw full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Despite its efforts to amalgamate supply and management centrally- staff are still community focussed and driven to client satisfaction. Business strategies are a constant update meaning every day brings new challenges.

Cons

A publically traded company meaning profits go away from workers-wages are frozen for top employees and are falling behind cost of living.Most full time employees are barely hanging on. Training hour allowance have been removed making it nearly impossible to bring in new talent- generally that is the sign of the end in most organizations. The management teams are holding their breath for improvement in 2013-14.

Shake up the issues between specialists and department managers-follow up on issues regarding SPLAN changes and stop shoving inventory down the pipe. If we say we don''t need it, we're usually correct.

Other Reviews for Loblaw

Working at The Real Canadian Superstore - Front End Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier, Front End  in  Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cashier, Front End in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Loblaw part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Busy work, an excellent opportunity to learn new things, knowing where things are in the store, 80% dental coverage, starting wage 9.75$/hour awesome health benefits.

Cons

Rude customers, but that's not the store's fault. Sometimes the price checkers and cash pickupers can be very rude and impatient.

More coffee and donuts!

Employees are not really as valued as Loblaw makes them out to be.

Former Employee - Order Assembler/Reach Truck Operator/Receiver/Loader  in  Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Order Assembler/Reach Truck Operator/Receiver/Loader in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I worked at Loblaw full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Good Training. Good equipment use in the distribution centres which is also well maintained. Employee discount at the store level.

Cons

Once I hit top rate at the DC I felt like management's attitude toward me had changed. It seemed as though they were just trying to bug me enough so that I would quit...then they could get someone else making less money, to do the same job.

Need to do a better job making the employees feel more appreciated. Some work VERY hard, and that should be respected and appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Loblaw.

Worked for Loblaw? Contribute to the Community!