Loblaw

www.loblaw.com

Cashier Job at Loblaw Great Food

Former Employee - Cashier Loblaws  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Cashier Loblaws in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Professional environment, comfortably often breaks, reasonable amount of hours, able to call off work without much hassel

Cons

Ugly uniforms, hard to maintain relationships with managers because of the large number of employees, hard to memorize all the PLU codes for produce, hard to be able to recognize all the different types of produce.

Other reviews for Loblaw

Employees are not really as valued as Loblaw makes them out to be.

Former Employee - Order Assembler/Reach Truck Operator/Receiver/Loader  in  Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Order Assembler/Reach Truck Operator/Receiver/Loader in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Good Training. Good equipment use in the distribution centres which is also well maintained. Employee discount at the store level.

Cons

Once I hit top rate at the DC I felt like management's attitude toward me had changed. It seemed as though they were just trying to bug me enough so that I would quit...then they could get someone else making less money, to do the same job.

Need to do a better job making the employees feel more appreciated. Some work VERY hard, and that should be respected and appreciated.

Great Company- Hard Work For The Future

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Despite its efforts to amalgamate supply and management centrally- staff are still community focussed and driven to client satisfaction. Business strategies are a constant update meaning every day brings new challenges.

Cons

A publically traded company meaning profits go away from workers-wages are frozen for top employees and are falling behind cost of living.Most full time employees are barely hanging on. Training hour allowance have been removed making it nearly impossible to bring in new talent- generally that is the sign of the end in most organizations. The management teams are holding their breath for improvement in 2013-14.

Shake up the issues between specialists and department managers-follow up on issues regarding SPLAN changes and stop shoving inventory down the pipe. If we say we don''t need it, we're usually correct.

There are newer employer reviews for Loblaw.

Worked for Loblaw? Contribute to the Community!