Local Book Publishing

www.local360media.com
  www.local360media.com
There are newer employer reviews for Local Book Publishing

This is a below average place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Local Book Publishing

Pros

Their product is top notch. They take every action to make sure they have the best product in town. They train sales reps continuously and try to get better at selling every day. I developed some good friendships with coworkers. They have a fun Christmas party and pay a small Christmas bonus.

Cons

They only allow 7 paid days off per year. They look for any way possible to reduce commissions or not pay them at all. It's very possible that an employee could receive commissions one year after making a sale. Of course if you leave the company before you receive your commission they keep the commission even though you earned it. They micro manage employees to death. They expect 1 - 2 hours of extra work each night for prepardness for the next days sales meeting. They place rigid guidelines on the number of accounts that reps need to close each week even though they have 6-7 months to work the accounts. There is plenty of extra time at the end of the campaign for accounts to be closed. If the rep does not close the specified number of accounts each week the company takes away accounts from the rep, essentially taking money from his/her pocket.

If ownership and upper management would put the same amount of work into making their company a great place to work as they do their product you would have something special. You would be able to attract top talent and keep them. Its sad to say you don't trust and value the great employees that you have and don't care enough to change in order to attract great sales people. Until you are willing to change, Local Book Publishing will be a below average place to work.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Local Book Publishing (View Most Recent)

Be careful if you apply here

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Local Book Publishing

Pros

I worked there for almost a year and I can't think of any except some of the people I knew from the corporate office were very nice and professional. But local management does not value individuals or care when you need time with your kids etc. I am a single parent and sometimes have issues with childcare.

Cons

low pay
    long long long hours
    hundreds of dollars a month in gas expenses not covered, can be more than 4 hours a day just commuting to get to the market they will have you sell in!!!
    local sales manager is often horrible, degrading to salespeople
    Ask lots of questions in an interview about quotas and get in writing what is expected of you
    If you want time with your kids think twice

At the local level anyway review management behavior. May be time for a change.

This Company Is Regularly Adapting To The Changing Climate of Marketing!

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Local Book Publishing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have always loved how much my ideas and input is welcome. There are plenty of opportunities to improve your income just by looking for ways to help businesses. The effectiveness of the products sold are irrefutable and supported by facts, reports and the clients themselves. One of my favorite things about working here is the very smooth process used to have conversations with clients.

Cons

There can be a disconnect between what management is trying to get accomplished and what the real world allows. Most people running the company seem to be so overwhelmed with projects and commitments, they don't seem to have much time to review or discuss items of concern except on their timetable.

Make regular contact with employees, consultants, managers, etc. Even something as simple as an email of congratulations on a good week of performance, or a simple handshake when visiting offices goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Local Book Publishing