Local Book Publishing
www.thelocalbook.com Midway, UT 50 to 149 Employees

This is a below average place to work.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsTheir product is top notch. They take every action to make sure they have the best product in town. They train sales reps continuously and try to get better at selling every day. I developed some good friendships with coworkers. They have a fun Christmas party and pay a small Christmas bonus.

ConsThey only allow 7 paid days off per year. They look for any way possible to reduce commissions or not pay them at all. It's very possible that an employee could receive commissions one year after making a sale. Of course if you leave the company before you receive your commission they keep the commission even though you earned it. They micro manage employees to death. They expect 1 - 2 hours of extra work each night for prepardness for the next days sales meeting. They place rigid guidelines on the number of accounts that reps need to close each week even though they have 6-7 months to work the accounts. There is plenty of extra time at the end of the campaign for accounts to be closed. If the rep does not close the specified number of accounts each week the company takes away accounts from the rep, essentially taking money from his/her pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf ownership and upper management would put the same amount of work into making their company a great place to work as they do their product you would have something special. You would be able to attract top talent and keep them. Its sad to say you don't trust and value the great employees that you have and don't care enough to change in order to attract great sales people. Until you are willing to change, Local Book Publishing will be a below average place to work.

Be careful if you apply here

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Local Book Publishing

Pros: I worked there for almost a year and I can't think of any except some of the people I knew from the corporate office were… Cons: low pay long long long hours hundreds of dollars a month in gas expenses not covered, can be more than 4 hours a day just commuting to… Advice to Senior Management: At the local level anyway review management behavior. May be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This Company Is Regularly Adapting To The Changing Climate of Marketing!

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Saint George, UT

I have been working at Local Book Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros: I have always loved how much my ideas and input is welcome. There are plenty of opportunities to improve your income just by looking… Cons: There can be a disconnect between what management is trying to get accomplished and what the real world allows. Most people running the company… Advice to Senior Management: Make regular contact with employees, consultants, managers, etc. Even something as simple as an email of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Local Book Publishing.

Worked for Local Book Publishing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Local Book Publishing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Local Book Publishing CEO Brian Willets. All reviews posted anonymously by Local Book Publishing employees.