Local Book Publishing

www.thelocalbook.com
  www.thelocalbook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Local Book Publishing

Be careful if you apply here

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Local Book Publishing

Pros

I worked there for almost a year and I can't think of any except some of the people I knew from the corporate office were very nice and professional. But local management does not value individuals or care when you need time with your kids etc. I am a single parent and sometimes have issues with childcare.

Cons

low pay
long long long hours
hundreds of dollars a month in gas expenses not covered, can be more than 4 hours a day just commuting to get to the market they will have you sell in!!!
local sales manager is often horrible, degrading to salespeople
Ask lots of questions in an interview about quotas and get in writing what is expected of you
If you want time with your kids think twice

At the local level anyway review management behavior. May be time for a change.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Local Book Publishing (View Most Recent)

This Company Is Regularly Adapting To The Changing Climate of Marketing!

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Local Book Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have always loved how much my ideas and input is welcome. There are plenty of opportunities to improve your income just by looking for ways to help businesses. The effectiveness of the products sold are irrefutable and supported by facts, reports and the clients themselves. One of my favorite things about working here is the very smooth process used to have conversations with clients.

Cons

There can be a disconnect between what management is trying to get accomplished and what the real world allows. Most people running the company seem to be so overwhelmed with projects and commitments, they don't seem to have much time to review or discuss items of concern except on their timetable.

Make regular contact with employees, consultants, managers, etc. Even something as simple as an email of congratulations on a good week of performance, or a simple handshake when visiting offices goes a long way.

Look away from this place

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, NC

I worked at Local Book Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job and that's all

Cons

I worked here 2 1/2 weeks was let go because of a and low performance apparently. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to finally sell something but in training I was told that would be ok!! (1 week was the week of the 4th)

Not wasting my breathe because they think there process works and it doesn't ( been in sales 5 years been trained by several other people and methods that work better) work!

There are newer employer reviews for Local Book Publishing

Worked for Local Book Publishing? Contribute to the Community!