There are newer employer reviews for LocalEdge

Strict Schedule, Great Training, Brutal Cold Calling

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at LocalEdge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great 4 week training course. Great for those who don't have any online marketing experience, but if you majored in it prepare to be bored.
Pay was ok, but you needed to be making at least 1-2 sales per week.

Cons

Strict schedule. Have to come in to cold call from 8:00am-9:30am and also from 4:00pm-5:00pm. When you are not in the office, expected to be dropping in on prospective clients. Also, when you make a sale, the paperwork is VERY low-tech. You have to mail in the paperwork to the home office where they set up the website (which is VERY unattractive and hard for the client to update). Overall: Bad product that I felt guilty selling.

Get the product to be something we can be proud of selling. Expedite the sign-up process by making it online and/or provide iPads to set up.

LocalEdge Response

Oct 28, 2013Talent Acquisition Manager

We have implemented electronic contracts and rolled out iPads to all of our sales team, taking a formerly paperwork-intense process that took hours and reduced it to a 37 minute electronic process ... More

122 Other Employee Reviews for LocalEdge (View Most Recent)

Very unstable job SECURITY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some great coworkers pretty good benefits

Cons

downsized yet new management said we will get growing. Really when they just let so many great people go. waiting to be next to lose job.

don't have any

Think Twice Before You Leap!

Current Employee - Multimedia Executive  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Multimedia Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training. My immediate manager was kind but under the gun too.

Cons

Bad products that don't work. Just take the money and run attitude. Not for the ethical sales person. New leadership that is cleaning house. Turning the company into chaos with just another wave of layoffs. Company has widespread layoffs about every six months. Scary place to work. Causes sleepless nights.

Get the fulfillment of the products corrected. Sales can sell but fulfillment of the products is what keeps the customers. It's a churn and burn atmosphere.

There are newer employer reviews for LocalEdge

Worked for LocalEdge? Contribute to the Community!