There are newer employer reviews for LocalEdge

Strict Schedule, Great Training, Brutal Cold Calling

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great 4 week training course. Great for those who don't have any online marketing experience, but if you majored in it prepare to be bored.
Pay was ok, but you needed to be making at least 1-2 sales per week.

Cons

Strict schedule. Have to come in to cold call from 8:00am-9:30am and also from 4:00pm-5:00pm. When you are not in the office, expected to be dropping in on prospective clients. Also, when you make a sale, the paperwork is VERY low-tech. You have to mail in the paperwork to the home office where they set up the website (which is VERY unattractive and hard for the client to update). Overall: Bad product that I felt guilty selling.

Get the product to be something we can be proud of selling. Expedite the sign-up process by making it online and/or provide iPads to set up.

LocalEdge Response

Oct 28, 2013Talent Acquisition Manager

We have implemented electronic contracts and rolled out iPads to all of our sales team, taking a formerly paperwork-intense process that took hours and reduced it to a 37 minute electronic process ... More

125 Other Employee Reviews for LocalEdge (View Most Recent)

Okay company for young person to start at, unless your in sales they don't pay much

Former Employee - IT Department in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - IT Department in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the managers treat people like people and work with you when you have out of the office issues. Good areas to gain experiences. Benefits are decent...

Cons

LocalEdge is trying to rebuild it's self and seem ahead of the curve for a former phonebook company. However they are doing it by being very cheap, or at least those at Hearst are not putting a lot of money into Local Edge. Expect pay to be 15% to 25% below national average. This of course leads to massive turnover that Local Edge HR says we just have to accept...

If you don't keep good talent you can not achieve your goals. If you do not pay more than you will not keep good talent... Anyone else learn this in college?

Very unstable job SECURITY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some great coworkers pretty good benefits

Cons

downsized yet new management said we will get growing. Really when they just let so many great people go. waiting to be next to lose job.

don't have any