There are newer employer reviews for LocalEdge

Strict Schedule, Great Training, Brutal Cold Calling

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great 4 week training course. Great for those who don't have any online marketing experience, but if you majored in it prepare to be bored.
Pay was ok, but you needed to be making at least 1-2 sales per week.

Cons

Strict schedule. Have to come in to cold call from 8:00am-9:30am and also from 4:00pm-5:00pm. When you are not in the office, expected to be dropping in on prospective clients. Also, when you make a sale, the paperwork is VERY low-tech. You have to mail in the paperwork to the home office where they set up the website (which is VERY unattractive and hard for the client to update). Overall: Bad product that I felt guilty selling.

Get the product to be something we can be proud of selling. Expedite the sign-up process by making it online and/or provide iPads to set up.

LocalEdge Response

Oct 28, 2013Talent Acquisition Manager

We have implemented electronic contracts and rolled out iPads to all of our sales team, taking a formerly paperwork-intense process that took hours and reduced it to a 37 minute electronic process ... More

reviews filtered by

Don't work here is the best advice that can be given

Current Employee - Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no "Pro's" to working at LocalEdge. It is a poorly managed company, management and upper management is completely out of touch with both the products they are selling as well as the employees maintaining these products.

Cons

Workloads are passed off, piled onto already overworked, overstressed and underpaid employees. Management spends its time auditing, time-tracking, knit-picking and micro-managing - yet they do not assist in getting any actual work done, or even giving a straight answer to simple questions for that matter.

There is also no room for advancement at this company. You are either a peasant or a supervisor. Managers seem to be cemented in their positions, despite their incompetence. And thats it. You're not going to move up, get a raise or even a bonus.

Take more smoke breaks and make more vine videos, its really professional & seems to be working well - you clearly deserve triple or quadruple the salary of the rest of us.

Very unstable job SECURITY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some great coworkers pretty good benefits

Cons

downsized yet new management said we will get growing. Really when they just let so many great people go. waiting to be next to lose job.

don't have any