Good Experience

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Location Labs

Pros

Good work, lot to learn

Cons

No onsite opportunites thus limited ineteraction

Advice to Management

No onsite opportunites

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

People Care About Doing Things Well

I have been working at Location Labs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The team is full of people who have been with the company for over five (or even ten) years. It's no accident that so many people have stayed so much longer than the industry average; working here is challenging and rewarding.

There's a large emphasis on mentorship and creating opportunities for employees to learn and grow into more responsibility. People care deeply about making things (software, culture, management) work well. Most people feel like they have a stake in the company's success.

The perks are nice, too.

Cons

The company has been around longer than most companies its size and some of what worked a few years ago doesn't work as well anymore.

Management increasingly emphasizes running a better organization, including a greater investment in HR, training, and infrastructure, but these improvements have not reached all parts of the organization equally.

Advice to Management

Keep working on building a great organization. Stay diligent about creating opportunities for growth.

Lots of opportunity for smart and motivated people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Location Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined because of the incredible people I met during the interview and the medical benefits (covers 100% of premiums in a phenomenal plan).

I stay because of the active meritocracy (people are encouraged and rewarded for finding opportunities to improve and make an impact) and the people are the smartest I've ever worked with.

The product space is interesting and makes a real impact on people's lives - several examples where product has been used to locate an abducted child, find elderly family member with alzheimer's who wandered off.

Cons

Location Labs is kept behind the brand of the carriers so it's hard to get public recognition for what we do

Not a lot of structure around performance reviews, requires personal drive to make growth happen (though I hear this is being worked on) which isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep the fast, hungry spirit as we continue to grow
    Reinforce your open door policy (not enough people take advantage of it)
    Keep making improvements in HR (we needed it) and keep cutting folks sooner who aren't the right fit with values and caliber of the overall team