Location Labs

www.locationlabs.com

Challenge and opportunity - the best a young professional could hope for...

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Despite being quite a sizable company now, Location Labs has not lost sight of its startup roots - working hard always seems to pay off in troves.

I face complex problems every day, and my project list never seems to get shorter, but I constantly feel encouraged to attempt to achieve the impossible by embracing the challenges. I have never before felt so simultaneously trusted, empowered, and challenged by a job.

Along that thread, I'm impressed at how incredibly supportive the company is of projects and initiatives. Management is happy to lend its support and resources. I have never been told "no" to a good idea - but am almost always asked "But how can we do that better or more efficiently?"

Lastly, my immediate team in particular, but the Location Labs team in general, is filled with talent and character. I have never been surrounded by more capable and dedicated people in my life. We're a winning team and it shows.

Cons

We sometimes still communicate as if only 20 people work here. It's usually not an issue, but on bigger projects, a little more formalized processes would speed things along.

Keep guiding us through the transition to becoming a larger and larger company. I'm excited to see how Location Labs handles our continued growth.

Other reviews for Location Labs

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Startup environment,
    you get opportunity to work with smart people.
    Good growth chances.
    If you have any problem you can talk to any one even Engineering head/ VP/ CTO. They are ready to listen any time.

Cons

Not formalized process,
    no cubicle,
    Since the company is in growing phase, there are lots of changes now and then.

Should focus more on formalizing the process.
    Should focus on other product/project also to diversify the company protfolio .

High Potential player but moving slowly & Cautiously.

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

I have not written for any of my ex company where I have worked, however I am compelled to write about Location labs. I can surely write some adjectives like super culture, excellent skills and cool environment. I also wants to give you more in-depth details as to why LL ( Location Labs) is among the top rated companies to work for. Few good reasons

1) Probably a very few companies developing Products for Windows8, Android, iphone and HTML5 and targeting every device be it Tablet, HDPI and others

2) Product Based organization in real sense, in terms of Story boarding, Wire-frames, PRDs and Visuals with dedicated product managers contributing and accessible to engineers

3) Engineers are more valued than the CEO himself and I am not overrating it. You got to talk to any of our engineers

4) LL employees are sought out in market like anything right from FB to Amazon.

5) Literally every one is filled with innovative ideas and some of these proof points are shown to ATT as customers. So an engineer idea is shown directly to the consumer.

And overall, the products have potential of reaching to some exponential heights be in the space of LBS or M2M.

Cons

I wish we could have launched our Products in India and everywhere. We are not that aggressive in our approach.

Okay, too many of late night calls were hampering the work-life balance, it does comes along since LL US is based on west coast.

Long term planning in terms of visibility are something needed to be looked into. and I am sure without the Product Management Team out here in India gives a very tunnel vision & may not give an entire picture of things.

Sitting away from customer i.e. US parents and carriers is not encouraging.

Again, we got to be real captive and aggressive in our market acquisition strategy.

The holistic growth plan should have Global inclusion in all terms.

There are newer employer reviews for Location Labs.

Worked for Location Labs? Contribute to the Community!