Locket

www.getlocket.com
  www.getlocket.com
There are newer employer reviews for Locket

Super smart and driven team, rewarding to those with initiative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Locket full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best places for engineers to learn and grow. We are all about innovating what is NOT out there, so we are always the first ones to come up with cool solutions to a new problem and we get that recognition from the industry, which is pretty exciting and rewarding.

People are super smart and driven. We work hard and we all have a lot of fun doing it. We consider our projects as scientific experiments and we are all intellectually motivated to test out a hypothesis asap. If a hypothesis turns out to be false, we don't consider it as a failure, we happily move on to tackle the next hypothesis. And it's fun to quickly digest results and iterate.

The founders are super smart, crazy driven and yet laid back. They come up with the most innovative and clever product ideas all the time. They are not afraid to take risks and excel at executing things fast and efficiently. They are all about "ok great idea, lets ship it asap and figure out from there." It's cool to see my own idea become an actual product overnight and get written on TechCrunch the day after.

Cons

Not a lot of startup-y perks. We don't have a ridiculously designed office or our own chefs or massages or "it's ok to not show up to work, chill" policy. Those who come to work here must really be excited about the actual work, the product, and their team members, because there's not much else! (The positive to that is that it's a good filter for those types of people who we actually want to work with, who only care about the work, the product, and their team members).

As we expand and hire more people, let's keep the culture of fast and furious experimenting and iterating, and continue to keep the company be a group of really smart, driven and friendly entrepreneurs!

6 Other Employee Reviews for Locket (View Most Recent)

Run, Don't Walk Away...

I have been working at Locket full-time

Pros

- $10 for dinner each day

Cons

- Founders are constantly changing direction and micromanaging.
    - Crazy long hours (even for a startup)
    - WAY below market pay
    - Founders are... not inspiring people to work with.
    - ~50% of FT employees left within the past 3 months for other opportunities.

Stop writing positive reviews of your own company on Glassdoor. If your interviewing with Locket, reach out to a former employee through LinkedIn to get the real story

Locket Response

Mar 26, 2014Co-founder

Deepest apologies and regrets to those that were affected by our tough transition between business models. Startups are not for everyone, and we aim to do a better job at recruiting and managing ... More

Very authentic start up experience at the leader in an emerging field

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Locket full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ability at Locket to wear so many hats and have your voice listened to on any decision is very remarkable. I've learned so much about the mobile landscape in the year I've been here, and feel uniquely prepared for all sorts of roles after Locket.

Like any proper startup you work *a lot*. But the redeeming aspect is that you feel like your contributions have a direct impact on the success of the company.

Cons

As noted above you work a lot. And it's a start up so priorities and objectives can change on a dime.

Founders are extremely young but appear to get better each month.

Keep grinding.