Locket
www.getlocket.com San Francisco, CA 6 to 15 Employees

Super smart and driven team, rewarding to those with initiative

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Locket full-time for less than a year

ProsOne of the best places for engineers to learn and grow. We are all about innovating what is NOT out there, so we are always the first ones to come up with cool solutions to a new problem and we get that recognition from the industry, which is pretty exciting and rewarding.

People are super smart and driven. We work hard and we all have a lot of fun doing it. We consider our projects as scientific experiments and we are all intellectually motivated to test out a hypothesis asap. If a hypothesis turns out to be false, we don't consider it as a failure, we happily move on to tackle the next hypothesis. And it's fun to quickly digest results and iterate.

The founders are super smart, crazy driven and yet laid back. They come up with the most innovative and clever product ideas all the time. They are not afraid to take risks and excel at executing things fast and efficiently. They are all about "ok great idea, lets ship it asap and figure out from there." It's cool to see my own idea become an actual product overnight and get written on TechCrunch the day after.

ConsNot a lot of startup-y perks. We don't have a ridiculously designed office or our own chefs or massages or "it's ok to not show up to work, chill" policy. Those who come to work here must really be excited about the actual work, the product, and their team members, because there's not much else! (The positive to that is that it's a good filter for those types of people who we actually want to work with, who only care about the work, the product, and their team members).

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we expand and hire more people, let's keep the culture of fast and furious experimenting and iterating, and continue to keep the company be a group of really smart, driven and friendly entrepreneurs!

Run, Don't Walk Away...

I have been working at Locket full-time

Pros: - $10 for dinner each day Cons: - Founders are constantly changing direction and micromanaging. - Crazy long hours (even for a startup) - WAY below market pay - Founders… Advice to Senior Management: Stop writing positive reviews of your own company on Glassdoor. If your interviewing with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun startup, exciting products, cool people!

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Locket full-time for less than a year

Pros: Locket is a place filled with bright, talented people who are really excited about being part of a bootstrapped startup. Management does… Cons: Locket is a bootstrapped startup, so if you're hoping for crazy perks (eg, free… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Locket.

Worked for Locket? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Locket reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Locket CEO Yunha Kim. All reviews posted anonymously by Locket employees.