There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin is the ideal company for entry level engineers

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Riviera Beach, FL
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Riviera Beach, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Working in innovative technology industry. Job satisfaction.

Cons

The entry level salaries are average compared to other companies..

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to advance and move on the better positions.

reviews filtered by

"Disclaimer” Company is very large, this review is based on eight months under a single PM on a single contract.

Current Employee - IT UNIX Systems Administrator in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - IT UNIX Systems Administrator in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Really cannot say that I have one. I took this position after being out of work for eight months. I did take a 10,000 pay cut from my last position with General Dynamics (85,000 to 75,000) and that’s after an initial offer of 45,000. Everyone I talked with in the shop (12 people) said they were also low-balled and had to negotiate for higher salary.

On the up side access to company intranet resources has been very easy and there is a great deal of information on all aspects of Lockheed Martin on there intranet. Education resources are also plentiful; they even have paths towards industry certifications within the company.

Cons

This is a large company and not very personable. Keep in mind these comments are based on a single contract with one PM and may not be indicative of the company as a whole. Current management is very poor. Have seen my PM three times in eight months, he works 10 min from my workspace. He has mislead me at times and stalled at others when I have requested information. As the face of the Lockheed Martin for the employees under him (122 people), he has been slow in interpreting policy leaving employees confused and unable to effectively plan career objectives.

Advice to Management

When a problem is identified, FIX IT. Do not try to make everyone happy while fixing the problem. Utilize company code of ethics and business mission as guidance for fixing problem. Pay more attention to customer needs and requirements. Take the time matching an employee's skills with each contract position. Do not fill positions with warm bodies to meet a deadline.

2. Lockheed Martin - Lot's of opportunities.

Current Employee - Information Security Manager
    Current Employee - Information Security Manager

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

A large company with many opportunities. Current employees have the ability to apply for jobs all over the country and the world. Current employees are given preference for jobs over outside applicants.

Cons

Employee evaluations are not easy. LM has tried many methods of evaluating emloyees; and still have not seemed to "get it right". The cap on the number and types of ratings seems unfair.

Advice to Management

Fabulous ethics program - keep up the good work - I love the ethics minute.