Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin is the ideal company for entry level engineers

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Riviera Beach, FL
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Riviera Beach, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Working in innovative technology industry. Job satisfaction.

Cons

The entry level salaries are average compared to other companies..

Encourage employees to advance and move on the better positions.

2672 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

A good team with bad leadership

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I had great co-workers: friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

We placed more emphasis on getting things done and correct than on development methodologies or the CMMI way. We had a short release cycle. I strongly recommend this if you can get it.

I worked in an interesting field.

I was given time and room to grow into my responsibilities. I got to train myself and work on a broad range of skills, and eventually lead sub-projects.

Cons

I worked in a locked-down environment. Tools and software could only be updated with outside approval.

I wasn't able to talk about the subject matter of my work to anyone but my team.

Once a year, linked to compensation, Lockheed Martin does stack-ranked reviews with a 1 to 5 scale. 1 means you vandalized your workplace, 5 means you saved starving children from the Joker, and 2 means your manager has already talked to you about your borderline performance or behavior problem. For rating good workers, that leaves 3, nothing to shout about, and 4, well done. Your self-assessment, peer assessments, and manager assessments get compressed to one bit, which is fighting with twenty other bits for attention.

My workplace expected a lot of me, including mandatory overtime for one stretch. We were assured that our efforts were helping us meet schedule, then our schedule slipped by several months. I felt there was a large disconnect between my sacrifices of time and management's reward or feedback for that time. I also felt that it served no purpose.

In a larger way, I felt like management let our customers push for unrealistic schedules. This put pressure on software engineering to no great purpose.

It can be very corporate at times, and the BS can be a little thick at times.

Take the reins from your customer. Stop riding software engineers into the ground.

Lockheed Martin, great job for an entry-level or senior level technologist

Current Employee - Usability Specialist in Woodlawn, MD
    Current Employee - Usability Specialist in Woodlawn, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The work schedule is flexible, when you put in your 40 hours you are allowed to leave (as long as it is okay with your manager) or you can bank the hours for use later.
    You gain a lot of experience from LM and if you stay with them and do a good job and you are a US citizen, then you can easily get hired on at the Social Security Administration which is who we are contracted to work for in the Woodlawn, MD area.

Cons

The pay is less than at other area government contractors.
    They hire many H1B visas which take away from jobs for citizens, I don't think it is fair that they hire people just because they can pay them less.
    Only merit raises from 1-2.5% once per year.

Pay your worthy employees more. We work hard and deserve better raises.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin