There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

I am not sure if I like or dislike it here

Current Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

I thought Lockheed would be a good place to gain work experience. The development programs interested me. I'm told Lockheed is a very stable place to work and you have job security.

Cons

Most lockheed employees are older. As a college hire very few people are my age. The percentage of female employees is much lower than that of other companies. Working in a classified environment sucks.

Advice to Management

Act like you actually care about your employees. I don't feel like anyone really values me. I feel like a monkey in a cubical in a room without windows.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. lockheed is a company

Current Employee - Doer of Stuff in Owego, NY
    Current Employee - Doer of Stuff in Owego, NY

Pros

some of the reasons can include the vast amount of products being worked on. since there are so many depts it may be easier to move around and see what is going on. there are some cool people there too depending on how genuinely interested they are in what they do. up state ny is pretty cool too if you like to do out doorsy things. if you feel a strong love for this country (usa) then maybe defense is for you. they talk a lot about ethics which may mean they are relatively ethical they are also some what diverse.

Cons

downsides of working at lockheed martin systems integration may include you wont be rich. it may also mean you will not be in the most social environment, it may mean your employees may not be too motivated. who knows. it all depends on what dept you are in. if you dont like walking around a lot you may not like the layout of lm campus. you may not like the atmosphere or culture at lm since it seems pretty dry and clean cut. yeah owego itself is not that happening either so maybe location aint so hot for you to work in.

Advice to Management

relax

2. Good compensation & benefits but unexciting projects and technology.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Senior Staff in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer Senior Staff in Rockville, MD

Pros

I enjoy the people that I work with. Good compensation and benefits

Cons

The projects and technology are not that exciting. Lots of people are involved in a program and you sometimes feel that you are lost. Hard to transition to other positions. Not sure if there are opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for advancement.