There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

I am not sure if I like or dislike it here

Current Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I thought Lockheed would be a good place to gain work experience. The development programs interested me. I'm told Lockheed is a very stable place to work and you have job security.

Cons

Most lockheed employees are older. As a college hire very few people are my age. The percentage of female employees is much lower than that of other companies. Working in a classified environment sucks.

Act like you actually care about your employees. I don't feel like anyone really values me. I feel like a monkey in a cubical in a room without windows.

2418 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Employees are just a commodity

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Large company with many options. Company has respect in the workforce. Decent, though not outstanding, benefit package. They have many good people working there that will support you even if there is a lack of support from senior mngt. Good education benefits.

Cons

Higher level mngt give no support to employees. No follow through on promised promotions, no support when contract ends, they just dump you. Salaries tend not to be competitive, Senior mngt has very poor communication with employees, lack of direction in many fields (especially healthcare it).

Invest in employees. Treat them fairly, realize that they represent your company to the customer.

lockheed is a company

Current Employee - Doer of Stuff in Owego, NY
    Current Employee - Doer of Stuff in Owego, NY

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

some of the reasons can include the vast amount of products being worked on. since there are so many depts it may be easier to move around and see what is going on. there are some cool people there too depending on how genuinely interested they are in what they do. up state ny is pretty cool too if you like to do out doorsy things. if you feel a strong love for this country (usa) then maybe defense is for you. they talk a lot about ethics which may mean they are relatively ethical they are also some what diverse.

Cons

downsides of working at lockheed martin systems integration may include you wont be rich. it may also mean you will not be in the most social environment, it may mean your employees may not be too motivated. who knows. it all depends on what dept you are in. if you dont like walking around a lot you may not like the layout of lm campus. you may not like the atmosphere or culture at lm since it seems pretty dry and clean cut. yeah owego itself is not that happening either so maybe location aint so hot for you to work in.

relax