Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

Lockheed is not the best place to work.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsIt is fulfilling to contribute to the defense of the United States. You may have access to technologies and projects that just don't exist in the private sector. Usually there is a good emphasis on work life balance. It is a huge company that has a lot of interesting projects. Lockheed makes missiles, satellites, ships, and the best military jets in the world. The benefits are above average. In general the people you work with are very patriotic and nice. There is a sense of pride in working for Lockheed Martin and you generally won't be ashamed you work for them.

ConsYou will see firsthand how much waste, inefficiency, and fanboy jingoism exists in the defense industry In the non-defense sector Lockheed would be eaten for lunch. Too bloated, too full of itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop feeling that you are superior because you work for Lockheed. In the non-defense sector Lockheed would be eaten for lunch. Too bloated, too full of itself.

Good opportunities, but hard to get hired

Proposal Editor (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros: Lockheed is a large company. You meet a lot of interesting… Cons: As a subcontractor, it is hard to get hired full time, despite the fact you are told management would like to hire you. Lots of… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your subcontractors like real employees, and be honest with… More

If you like old school business, this company is for you.

Engineering Planner Associate (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: The products are exciting, complex and innovative. If you like working with people who are intelligent and motivated, there are lots of those kinds… Cons: Many processes within operations has not been defined or if it has been defined it has not been effectively communicated. This leads to a… Advice to Senior Management: Stop paying lip service to us by telling us "employee retension is very important to us" and lying to us about "offering competitive salaries" when… More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!