Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

Lockheed Martin: A great place to start a career.

Aeronautical Engineer Asc (Current Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsThe company has a wealth of information and experience that form an excellent foundation with which to start a career. The knowledge that can be gained in working with some of the older, experienced engineers really is priceless.

Lockeheed's benefits package is extremely good. New hires (at least within Aeronautics) are receiving three weeks vacation per year. Aeronautics is also on a flex time, 9/80 work schedule. Employees on the 9/80 schedule work 9 hours per day and have every other Friday off. Flex time must be worked out with your individual supervisor, however core hours (which everyone must work) are from 9 am to 3 pm. The hours each employees works outside the core hours is largely up to them as long as 40 hours are worked per week.

ConsLockheed is an extremely large company and as a result, building a name for yourself and getting noticed within the company can be more difficult than at smaller companies. That is not to say that you are not rewarded for your work, but that a little extra effort is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a structured system of passing knowledge from the older experienced engineers to the younger new hires. As the older generation retires a great deal of valuable knowledge and experience will be lost unless an effort is made to pass this knowledge and experience along. Encouraging the retirement of the older generation in favor of the younger, and less expensive generations, looks good on financial balance sheets but will hurt the company in the long term.

Lockheed Martin is a great place to work if you understand that you are working for a very large defense company.

Systems Engineer Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: Lockheed Martin has provided me with countless oppurtunities to advance myself and my job experience. There are many employee perks including reimbursement for gym… Cons: The commuication between the management and the engineers is lacking. I have experienced many problems that have been exclusively due to poor communication.… Advice to Senior Management: Focus your attention on communicating to your employees. Once the employees are privy to upper mangements strategic vision, the employees will have a much better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Company

Computer Systems Design Engineer Principal (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: Interesting work and good colleagues Cons: Government contract work can be bogged down in red-tape Advice to Senior Management: Don't change anything Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!