Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
  www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

A top notch defense contractor that takes care of its employees

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer Asc in Owego, NY
Former Employee - Electrical Engineer Asc in Owego, NY

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

LM is a great company to get your bearings. If you are looking to do system level work, this is the place for you. I felt very secure in my job and that I was contributing significantly to projects within 6 months of my start date.

Cons

The age gap between senior and junior engineers is often staggering. I think both parties have a hard time relating and this results in a lower amount of mentoring.

Implement profit sharing. Modify ratings system to accommodate employees who have been there half a year or less.

2529 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Lockheed Martin, a good and fairly secure place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Secure work, and good, intelligent people.

Cons

Promotions almost solely based on time spent there, not ability or achievements.

Enough re-orgs and a lot of management.

I was there but I'm glad I'm out.

Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Woodlawn, MD
    Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Woodlawn, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed Martin Information Systems has a lot of contracts across the United States, with a lot of Federal and state agencies. So Lockheed Martin Information Systems is almost always hiring somewhere, at some time. They are a known "brand" so they might look good on your resume, and the job title they give you might even impress someone who doesn't know any better. But the best reason to work for Lockheed Martin Information Systems is the deep feeling of joy and satisfaction when you quit for a job that isn't sucking all the joy out of your life. Your opinion might vary.

Cons

Oh, let me tell the ways I hated, hated, hated working there. I had a fairly decent job working for another Federal contractor with good wages and respectable raises annually. Lockheed Martin Information Systems came in with a "low ball" bid and won out over the good company that had that contract but to fulfill the contract for the rates they bid, they fired half the incumbent staff (and the firings seemed to be of everyone earning more), and dragged in inexperienced temps to take over from staff who had been doing the job for years. They hired people at one salary and then announced a lower salary on the first day. They were very closed mouth about how much new hires would be paying for health care, so the salary you negotiated in good faith was suddenly about 75% of that amount, with the rest going to pay for insurance. There's no paid family leave--my husband was in a coma but I had to come in and work every day because we wouldn't have had an income, otherwise. Oh, and the white men were routinely paid more than minorities and women.

Treat your employees they way you would want to be treated. If there are bonuses, you could buy a lot of good will by awarding a flat amount to everyone, not just a percentage, so the rich get richer and the poor stay put.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin