There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin cultivates a professional but friendly environment and is a great place to launch a career.

Current Employee - Software Engineer Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Software Engineer Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed Martin is a great place to start a career - one of the benefits of being a huge corporation with varied departments is that there is a lot of potential for advancement. I imagine that job security is a bit better than in other industries that hire for similar positions because defense contracting is a fairly steady business - plus, security clearances are fairly expensive to attain, which means that from day one the corporation has invested quite a bit in even its entry-level employees. This also helps in the job market when looking forward.

The success of any project and thus the success of the company relies entirely on the ability of its employees, so LM spends quite a bit to keep morale levels up and to make sure that its employees are well trained.

The corporate culture is fairly laid-back and casual, but not too much so. Everyone is on a first-name basis. Dress codes and schedules vary by location but are usually pretty flexible. Everything is task oriented - as long as the work gets done, management doesn't nitpick about minutiae.

Cons

I can't really speak in detail about what I do when talking to friends and associates from outside of work. Also, salaries are on average slightly lower than in the private sector, but by no means unfair. Sometimes, the strict requirements of government work call for overly tedious work processes.

Advice to Management

The corporate slogan, "We never forget who we're working for" is gramatically incorrect.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company to work for but I've only worked one place out of college

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Schedule flexibility, not too stressful or challenging, fitness center on site, lots of activities or community service to get involved in, you can move around in the company to other groups

Cons

Sometimes work is slow and boring, politics, endless meetings, not a place to make friends, most employees are older

Advice to Management

Try to talk to young engineers a lot and make sure they are satisified at work or help them move around so they can be

2. none

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Good pay and ability to work in a great tech company.

Cons

There is a "good ole boy" environment that makes promotions difficult.

Advice to Management

none

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin