There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

The "Good Old Boy" style of management has decreased tremendously in the 7 years I've been employed.

Current Employee - Industrial Security Representative  in  Palmdale, CA
Current Employee - Industrial Security Representative in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I was lucky to get in before the pension program was discontinued for new hires. This and the benefits - although steadily shrinking - make it worth staying with this company.

Cons

I worked briefly for another large aerospace company that was always improving the work environment including childcare, ATM's, rideshare benefits, clean and comfortable work areas, and high quality cafeteria type (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) services. Lockheed provides NONE of these conveniences and you're basically on your own in isolated work locations.
Management positions require attending Lockheed Management courses on your own time and they're not free. I spent 4 years in college to get my management degree, why should I be required to attend andother 2 years attending Lockheed management school?

Although Lockheed is improving management by replacing the spoiled, uneducated and unprofessional old timers, there are still some of the old boy Texan rulers making decisions. Favoritism and unethical HR practices are rampant in the division where I work.

2356 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Fairly good, the pay was great, 24x7 support team was rough...

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The pay is very good. I had a great manager and a positive, safe, professional work place. We where in a high security environment so there were a lot of restrictions on ourselves personally ( understandable ). I worked in Satellite Ops so career you had a job for life as long as the satellite system was active.

Cons

With Satellite Ops, if your satellite system dies out, so does your career. Who/What would hire you if your an expert on XYZ satellite and XYZ satellite system is decommisioned. It's a great place to work, and they look out for their people. Promotion, nope, we had guys in the office at their spots for 15+ years so your cemented into your slot for life.

Overall management is great! One drawback, Lockheed Martin keeps way way too many older employees that are vested for life... too much old deadwood in the organization. Some 20+, 30+ year employees just can't be fired and just linger around the office doing almost nothing due to too much job security. Hire younger employees.

Working with cutting edge aircraft technology is a great perk.

Current Employee - Avionics and Instrumentation  in  Edwards AFB, CA
    Current Employee - Avionics and Instrumentation in Edwards AFB, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I've had a great expierence with LM because they take care of their employees. Benefits are great and they offer overtime pay to salaried employees.

Cons

Due to LMs size you deal with many different people. It can be diificult to grasp the team-building concept with the turnover of people getting promoted or moving to other departments

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!