Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

The "Good Old Boy" style of management has decreased tremendously in the 7 years I've been employed.

Current Employee - Industrial Security Representative in Palmdale, CA
Current Employee - Industrial Security Representative in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I was lucky to get in before the pension program was discontinued for new hires. This and the benefits - although steadily shrinking - make it worth staying with this company.

Cons

I worked briefly for another large aerospace company that was always improving the work environment including childcare, ATM's, rideshare benefits, clean and comfortable work areas, and high quality cafeteria type (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) services. Lockheed provides NONE of these conveniences and you're basically on your own in isolated work locations.
Management positions require attending Lockheed Management courses on your own time and they're not free. I spent 4 years in college to get my management degree, why should I be required to attend andother 2 years attending Lockheed management school?

Although Lockheed is improving management by replacing the spoiled, uneducated and unprofessional old timers, there are still some of the old boy Texan rulers making decisions. Favoritism and unethical HR practices are rampant in the division where I work.

2595 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Working with cutting edge aircraft technology is a great perk.

Current Employee - Avionics and Instrumentation in Edwards AFB, CA
    Current Employee - Avionics and Instrumentation in Edwards AFB, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I've had a great expierence with LM because they take care of their employees. Benefits are great and they offer overtime pay to salaried employees.

Cons

Due to LMs size you deal with many different people. It can be diificult to grasp the team-building concept with the turnover of people getting promoted or moving to other departments

Boring work, great everything else

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Great benefits, great telecommuting option if you have unclassified work, flexible work schedules.

Cons

Work is boring, but that's a personal opinion. I desire to do research and analysis and thought I'd be doing that here, but the Aeronautics company is largely a top level systems integrator, i.e. the subcontractors are the ones doing the scientific/research sort of work and LM puts it together. I didn't get a science/engineering degree so that I could update technical documents!

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin