Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

The "Good Old Boy" style of management has decreased tremendously in the 7 years I've been employed.

Industrial Security Representative (Current Employee) Palmdale, CA

ProsI was lucky to get in before the pension program was discontinued for new hires. This and the benefits - although steadily shrinking - make it worth staying with this company.

ConsI worked briefly for another large aerospace company that was always improving the work environment including childcare, ATM's, rideshare benefits, clean and comfortable work areas, and high quality cafeteria type (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) services. Lockheed provides NONE of these conveniences and you're basically on your own in isolated work locations.
Management positions require attending Lockheed Management courses on your own time and they're not free. I spent 4 years in college to get my management degree, why should I be required to attend andother 2 years attending Lockheed management school?

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough Lockheed is improving management by replacing the spoiled, uneducated and unprofessional old timers, there are still some of the old boy Texan rulers making decisions. Favoritism and unethical HR practices are rampant in the division where I work.

Fairly good, the pay was great, 24x7 support team was rough...

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: The pay is very good. I had a great manager and a positive, safe, professional work place. We where in a high security environment so… Cons: With Satellite Ops, if your satellite system dies out, so does your career. Who/What would hire you if your an expert on XYZ satellite and… Advice to Senior Management: Overall management is great! One drawback, Lockheed Martin keeps way way too many older employees that are vested for life... too much old deadwood in… More

Working with cutting edge aircraft technology is a great perk.

Avionics and Instrumentation (Current Employee) Edwards AFB, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: I've had a great expierence with LM because they take care of… Cons: Due to LMs size you deal with many different people. It can be diificult to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!