Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

Lockheed Martin is a good place to find stability and experience.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThe 9/80 work week is great. It takes about two weeks to get used to, and then you wonder how you lived without it. They are very flexible with work hours (generally; depends on the project) and overtime is available and paid at 1.5 time (again, depends on the project). Medical/dental/vision benefits are great - BCBS. Positive future and stable business - hopefully in spite of the government administration changes and economy downturn.

ConsAs with any huge company, we are riddled with bureaucracy and process. We are working to achieve CMMI level 4 (currently a level 3), so we can expect more processes and more paperwork to slow the actual work. Performance ratings are meaningless. You really aren't rewarded for your good work, other than your manager patting you on the back. As long as you aren't dumb enough to get formal discipline, you'll get an average rating. If you work extra hours and do twice the required work, you'll get an average rating. So, it's a nice place to find stability regardless of effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to stop turning senior technical people into managers. Just because someone is technically skilled, it doesn't mean they can manage and lead people. We also need Senior Management to be advocates for engineers who sometimes fall prey to poor lower-middle managers and their policies. If you really do want to keep our contracts sold, you have to make sure that those leading them aren't asleep at the wheel.

Lockheed Martin, Boring but stable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Owego, NY

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: - Stable Job - Technical work experience Cons: - Boring Job - Your peers do not aspire to be… Advice to Senior Management: Open Source Software is not your enemy. It is often… More

great

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: good people lots of work Cons: lots of hours always work to do Advice to Senior Management: organize More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!