There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

LM. Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Staff in Grand Prairie, TX
Current Employee - Systems Engineer Staff in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Small facilities in Grand Prairie, TX. Many opportunities to get in involved in different areas of system design. Benefits are very good. You get 3 weeks vacation plus 40Hr for medical leave, 401k plan with 50% match up to 4%. People are easy to work with.

Cons

Needs to bring more new programs into this facility.

Advice to Management

None

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lockheed Martin : Strong, Stable, Stiffling and Ethically Challenged

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed is a very solid company with strong business potential. While other companies might be under duress during the current economic downturn, LM continues to deliver year after year of excellent business performance. LM just annonuced their 2008 results today, and as usual, it was another year of record business returns. If you want a safe haven to ride out the recession, LM is an excellent choice. LM is also a good choice for employees who like a standardized work enviromnent and don't want to be challenged to develop solutions on their own.

Cons

LM is a huge corporation with stifling processes for just about every task you can imagine. Even the simplist requests, including accessing business web sites and downloading any software free or otherwise, require management approval LM also stresses all sorts of diversity, ethical, and leadership directives, while continuing to operate in standard "business policitics" as usual fashion. In Lockheed's own survey, 52% of LM's employees agree with the statement that "Promotions are based more on politics than actual performance." In other words, don't expect to be rewarded based on your strong performance as an employee. The "Performance Ranking System" is commonly referred to as the "Political Ranking System" by us employees.

Advice to Management

Your employees want to believe that you value their contributions and will treat them fairly. We are frequently disappointed by managers who base promotions, choice job assignments and other perks on personal friendships, not actual job performance. It's nice that you have an ethics program, but seriosuly as an employee I have seen firsthand how the Charles Daniels case could easily happen. Sometimes I swear you are implementing the 'Ford Pinto" approach. So what if we lose a few lawsuits, it'll cost us less than $$ millions and that's more cost effective than correcting the problems.

2. great

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

good people lots of work

Cons

lots of hours always work to do

Advice to Management

organize