There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Great Company before...tough times are changing the company...

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership at the top....Stevens is the best. Time will tell if his replacement will be as good. Fair benefits....good 401 k. Pay has been good but getting tougher.

Cons

The defense market pressures to lower overheads and prepare for sequestration are making this a tough environment to work in. Lot of pressure to reduce people, especially high-paid salaries with lower cost employees. Lots of fear and uncertainty at this time within the company. There used to be a time when the motto was "Employer of Choice" and Lockheed valued the older more experienced employees. Not any more...we feel like we are targeted and the sooner we leave the better. Younger less experienced managers are being put in place that think they know it all and are making stupid decisions.

Advice to Management

Please value your experienced employees. Where is the loyalty to these long term employees? Be smarter with the reductions....offer better incentives if you want volunteers for layoff. The standard package is not an incentive. Might as well wait for the forced reductions. Why is it that the directors and VPs get a sweet deal going out....the rest get lower than what most other companies would offer for time in service.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. They don't practice what they preach

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

every other friday off and 401k match

Cons

Leadership is what is not being done. HQ thinks their sites are working towards the same goal, however management are just checking off boxes to make them look good. Employees are doing the same because its just easier to accept then it is to complain. If you are in a click you will get promoted even if you can not handle the job..LMCO does well when following the peter principle. I find it amazing that this company is floating....i just wish they took pride in the employees as they do winning the bids. I wanted to work here so badly cause I thought I would be surrounded by smart adults that i would learn from, and instead i got a bunch of uncaring, disgruntle employees that are waiting to retire. I read the negative review and though it may come across that they are a bunch of unhappy people just complaining, they have valid points. For the past 3 years I though I had a problem until i relized other departments are having the same poor leadership issues. It is hard feeling like you are the only one that sees leadership needs a major overhall, and LPD program is not going to fix it, they are too young and 3 years does not fully develope you unless you are bringing leadership skills from previous jobs.

Advice to Management

Delegation is out. Read the leadership model, belive it, live it, and help bring this to level of pride. Also contractors are team members stop discriminating. If all the contractors left LMCO would crumble.

2. Solid well lead company with interesting work if you are in the right position

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

LM tackles some of the most complex problems in systems and software engineering. Chance to work on projects of historical significance and systems that will be around for a long time,

Cons

Process intensive and risk adverse culture can be slow and frustrating. Need to be willing to relocated to maximize ability to advance.