There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

The learning never ends

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA
Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, really great people. We stay on the cutting edge of technology and thrive.

Cons

Retirement benefits have been removed from our current contract

reviews filtered by
  1. High value company with updward mobility....if you are in the right profession

Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lockheed Martin has great values and provides products that protect the war fighters and America. I think the compensation and benefits are very good compared to the rest of corporate America. You work on very advanced technology which is rare.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement especially with the baby boomer generation getting close to retirement which Lockheed has a lot of. Unfortuntely you need to be in Engineering or Finance to really have any possibility of real career advancement. There aren't a lot of opportunities for the rest of us despite our strong leadership abilities.

Don't just look at someones education or current position when it comes to leadership positions. If someone has strong character, values, and work ethic they will probably be a better manager than say someone who has an engineering background but doesn't know how to work with people.

Not a place for opportunity or growth

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work in their their general or health services - aside from occasional interesting clients - none.

Cons

Poor program management and leadership. In spite of lip service and "performance process" they do not encourage innovation or new approaches to management or problems. I worked for a smaller company that was purchased by Lockheed. The benefits were reduced, program management was changed and our jobs were no longer fulfilling or rewarding.

Stick to defense contracting and forget IT and Health services unless you are ready to replace all your leadership and rethink your business model.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin