There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Some good, lots of bad.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Technical Writer in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good for getting experience under ones belt. Lots of good co-workers, and good time off benefits.

Cons

Lots of problems in management structure. It is akin to the movie office space, i.e. if one makes a simple mistake about 8 different managers tell you about it. Then they document the mistake and hold it against you during review time. An example of this is, once I made a 80 page report, and there were two typos. Those typos were brought up during performance discussions, as an example of lack of consistency and poor work ethic.

There is also low pay increases, and management picks those who are going to get higher performance raises early in the year regardless of performance.

Another downside is the health care, it does not cover many procedures and medications. It did not even cover penicillin (good thing its retail price is cheap).

Time for a complete top/down review. Many managers are poor leaders, and routinely take credit for their underlings work. This company I feel is getting to critical mass, and lots of good talent are leaving in droves. P.S. Stop your managers from telling employees who they need to vote for to retain their jobs.

reviews filtered by

Old school mentality throughout all of management with lower than average pay and very high expectations

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Makes products that secures national security. Average work/life balance. Working towards better flexibility. 3 weeks of vacation

Cons

Old school mentality throughout all of management. Too structured-- everything is "policy". Limited promotions, give you every excuse in the book as to why they cant give you a promotion (but report record sales every year). Limited growth opportunities, especially if you have advanced degrees.

Take a look at your company and figure out why you only have 40+ that make up 90% of your workforce. Most young people come and leave because you limit our growth and you have nothing to offer us.

Highest level Sr Management role of my life

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of experiences, lots of work, lots of experiences. Good at winning contracts lower than actual costs then they do not want to spend money to deliver promises and want contract requirements to be met using shareware.

Cons

Too little acknowledgement for Too much work

Diversity is Good. You can learn a lot from people you think very little of.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin