There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Entry level employee speaks on first impressions.

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst
Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst

Pros

Lots of opportunities across all the Lockheed locations in the US and abroad. First and second level management is excellent where I work (I expect it's similar in other jobs). The overall atmosphere is very welcoming. Coworkers have been very helpful and are always willing to share information. Moving into a new position within the company is very easy and management is always willing to help you advance your career.

Cons

Weird health insurance plan, sort of lame corporate slogans and programs for motivating employees. Upper level management sometimes doesn't seem as knowledgeable about what they're managing as they should be. CIO was a business major and doesn't really have any technical knowledge about IT which is often quite frustrating.

Advice to Management

Know what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. Lockheed - Great place to work and develope your career

Current Employee - Lead Member Engineering Staff in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Member Engineering Staff in Moorestown, NJ

Pros

Lockheed Martin provides me with a flexible work schedule so that I can take care of my work and family and feel good about doing both. They also pay for the majority of the Health Benefits that we receive. And since most of the work is for the government, I feel like I am contributing to the security of the United States while having the opportunity to work on very interesting things. There are also a lot of outside activities sponsored by the company, including golf leagues, tennis leagues, tutoring in schools, bike-a-thons, blood drives, etc.

Cons

Due to the deadlines that we work to, this can be a stressful job if you can't separate your work life from your home life.

Advice to Management

Recognize people at all levels for what they are doing, not just the ones tooting their own horn.

2. Interesting work, good leadership opportunities, low pay, sluggish environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

There are a lot of interesting projects. They pay for overtime... anything over 45 hours a week. Flexible schedule. Good leadership training opportunities. There are a lot of opportunities because the company is so large. There are opportunities in every state, and in every field. The benefits are very good. There is a leadership program for young engineers where they invest quite regularly in training and social event.

Cons

Pay is less than other places. Extreme risk aversion leads to a sluggish environment where technology is not adopted too quickly. There is a huge amount of process overhead and not all of it is worth while.

Advice to Management

Make changes necessary to make environment more agile. Adapt process to project.