Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,020 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

2020 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for. Would go back in a minute if the right opportunity arised.

Senior Software QA Test Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee)
Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits, good ethics and policies, and competitive company. Overall supportive management and good talented employees. Nice perk of discounts for employees with many different companies, health club membership, etc.

ConsFound it harder in the economic downturn to get additional training funds that I desired to help me grow professionally and advance to other positions in the company. As with many bigger companies, the HR functions, IT and your reporting management may not be local and may be more difficult or time consuming to get appropriate answers and assistance when needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the training initiatives a bit more and promote more internal positions and tranfers between divisions. Provide more assistance to previous employees to come back on board or to retain them when government contracts expire or layoffs occur; promote targeting previous employees who lost their positions for these reasons though targeted recruiting when new positions meeting their skills are announced (the company should look more to contact these previous employees for new positions).

Good place to work, top heavy management structure.

Technician (Current Employee)
Littleton, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big company which means a fair amount of stability. good benefits package but some of… Cons: Not much potential for upward growth without at least a bachelors degree. An old… Advice to Senior Management: Start giving importunity's to some of the younger workforce. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Depends on the project and site

Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Culture varies greatly across sites, and even between projects. Good work life balance in… Cons: You're either working on something cutting edge or maintaining something 30 years old, and there's a culture clash there. Some projects can turn into… Advice to Senior Management: More unification of LM culture needs to take place. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.