Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,012 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

2012 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for, but at the mercy of Congress's ability to pass a budget...

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat projects, great people, good company culture

ConsMilitary budget is at the mercy of Congress. If they cut the budget, the military budget goes down, which means program budget goes down, which means workforce reductions are constantly looming around the corner in today's economic instability.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget to recognize your employees with raises/promotions. Employee retention has already been identified as a problem. Don't do too little too late to retain your stars!

Great company to work for. Would go back in a minute if the right opportunity arised.

Senior Software QA Test Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee)
Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits, good ethics and policies, and competitive company. Overall supportive management and good talented… Cons: Found it harder in the economic downturn to get additional training funds that I desired to help me grow professionally and advance to other positions… Advice to Senior Management: Increase the training initiatives a bit more and promote more internal positions and tranfers between divisions. Provide more assistance to previous employees to come back… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work, top heavy management structure.

Technician (Current Employee)
Littleton, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big company which means a fair amount of stability. good benefits package but some of… Cons: Not much potential for upward growth without at least a bachelors degree. An old… Advice to Senior Management: Start giving importunity's to some of the younger workforce. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.