Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

One of the greatest places I've ever worked

Former Employee - Structures Mechanic in Marietta, GA
Former Employee - Structures Mechanic in Marietta, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back, yet structured Environment. In Marietta we had the 9/80 days so it was great to have an extra day off every other week. Overtime was abundant, but a structured system as well. Every one there was friendly and helpful. All in all a great place to work.

Cons

The hours were long, 9 hours a day seemed like forever. There are way too many different levels of management. All of which are technically your boss. Basically its top heavy when it comes to management.

Too many managers!

2677 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Computer Opns Spt Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Computer Opns Spt Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, multiple locations for jobs (if you are willing to move around the country), benefits are pretty decent. The culture is laid back, at least in my area,

Cons

Government contractor - so this means with each new administration you have to be prepared for changes in your contract or budget. This was my first job out of college but I'm not sure how people stay here for 20+ years when every 4 years your program can be scrutinized and/or canceled. The good thing is that LM has many different areas of the country they operate in so if you are young you can just get up and move around quite easily.

A "great" company to work for!!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer Senior in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

9/80 - Every other Friday is an off day
    Great people to work around
    Take care of their employees as best they can within a large company
    Informative management (upper/executive)
    This company is a great company with a nice benefits package - 3 weeks vacation from the first year, 1 week plant shutdown over Christmas/New Year and every other Friday off, nice 401K match, healthplan, tuition reimbursement, and upward mobility for those motivated and driven to seek it.

Cons

I would be hard pressed to come up with a legitimate con. Yes, Lockheed and most other companies have their share of challenges, but most are minor in nature. You will likely hear about, as a defense contractor, it is viewed as a volatile employment option, but I believe if you work hard and you happen to be in some department that is being eliminated/reduced b/c of contractual issues, you will likely find an open position somewhere else in the company.

Keep doing what you are doing and getting better at it. Continue to look out for your employees while simultaneously taking care of the customer(s).

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin