There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

This is an excellent place to work if you are mid career and have a family to support

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment, no suits and people are nice and interested in there work true 40 hour work week, no insane over time 9/80 work schedule gives you a three day weekend every other weekend very flexible with working hours and vacation, "flex time" allows you to build up additional time off Good salary, not the best for the Bay Area but considering the relaxed work environment they offer good compensation. Internal transfers offer access to a wide variety of industries and skill building opportunities.

Cons

While the LM name recognition can help when looking for work this is not a great place for young people to start a career. The company is over managed and seems more interested in chasing the latest ISO / Jack Welch certification than looking at its own history or asking its own employees about what works. There is too much hierarchy and over specialization, that said it's a big company and you can transfer internally to gain a variety of experience. Heading up the management ladder internally though probably won't work, one of my best qualified friend who worked there at the same time as mean and was doing his best was basically told to stop working so hard b/c he was making people look bad.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. Slow Growth

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company, 9/80 is good, over 45+ chargable hours and you can get paid overtime if you are salary.

Cons

High stress, micromanagement of time (i may put in 45 hours one week but the next week if I don't put in at least 40 I have to take vacation), that is not salary, that is hourly without 1.5 overtime over 40. Growth is very, very, very, very slow. I've been an HC (high contributor, aka better than average) for 4 years in a row and still no promotion (oh and I'm on the low end of the job levels). Recent changes to Health Benefits also has caused more money out of pocket than raises i've seen over the past 5 years. I'm making less than 5 years ago.

Advice to Management

Grow people, don't just use them

Terriable place to work in

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex hours, benefits, people are good to work with

Cons

Not enough training, go to management with problems nothing is done. HR could care less...

Advice to Management

Management is scared to make any moves, employees having problems go to the manager and nothing is done. Management just puts everything under the rug. Try standing up for your people, rather than stabbing them in the back.