There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Big, slow, comfortable, many benefits but unexciting

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, 9/80 work schedule. Offered pension (N/A now). Coworkers were mostly smart and nice. Interesting projects from big picture perspective. Bicycles for use on campus. 401k and charitable donation matching. Good retention bonus offered for staying on until the end of a project. Occasional BBQ parties, and holiday banquet. Leadership training program and tuition reimbursement. Maybe a good deal when you have a family and work is just a paycheck.

Cons

Coming out of college, there weren't many coworkers my age, and most who were talked about leaving. Work never really felt fun. The pace felt slow, with a lot of processes. Projects take years to complete. Few fun perks. Possibly below-average salary. Drab old office buildings.

2435 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

This is an excellent place to work if you are mid career and have a family to support

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment, no suits and people are nice and interested in there work

true 40 hour work week, no insane over time

9/80 work schedule gives you a three day weekend every other weekend

very flexible with working hours and vacation, "flex time" allows you to build up additional time off

Good salary, not the best for the Bay Area but considering the relaxed work environment they offer good compensation.

Internal transfers offer access to a wide variety of industries and skill building opportunities.

Cons

While the LM name recognition can help when looking for work this is not a great place for young people to start a career. The company is over managed and seems more interested in chasing the latest ISO / Jack Welch certification than looking at its own history or asking its own employees about what works. There is too much hierarchy and over specialization, that said it's a big company and you can transfer internally to gain a variety of experience. Heading up the management ladder internally though probably won't work, one of my best qualified friend who worked there at the same time as mean and was doing his best was basically told to stop working so hard b/c he was making people look bad.

Slow Growth

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company, 9/80 is good, over 45+ chargable hours and you can get paid overtime if you are salary.

Cons

High stress, micromanagement of time (i may put in 45 hours one week but the next week if I don't put in at least 40 I have to take vacation), that is not salary, that is hourly without 1.5 overtime over 40. Growth is very, very, very, very slow. I've been an HC (high contributor, aka better than average) for 4 years in a row and still no promotion (oh and I'm on the low end of the job levels).

Recent changes to Health Benefits also has caused more money out of pocket than raises i've seen over the past 5 years. I'm making less than 5 years ago.

Grow people, don't just use them

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin