Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,191 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Big, slow, comfortable, many benefits but unexciting

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsFlexible hours, 9/80 work schedule. Offered pension (N/A now). Coworkers were mostly smart and nice. Interesting projects from big picture perspective. Bicycles for use on campus. 401k and charitable donation matching. Good retention bonus offered for staying on until the end of a project. Occasional BBQ parties, and holiday banquet. Leadership training program and tuition reimbursement. Maybe a good deal when you have a family and work is just a paycheck.

ConsComing out of college, there weren't many coworkers my age, and most who were talked about leaving. Work never really felt fun. The pace felt slow, with a lot of processes. Projects take years to complete. Few fun perks. Possibly below-average salary. Drab old office buildings.

One of the greatest places I've ever worked

Structures Mechanic (Former Employee)
    Marietta, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros: Laid back, yet structured Environment. In Marietta we had the 9/80 days so it was great to have an extra day off every other… Cons: The hours were long, 9 hours a day seemed like forever. There are way too many different levels… Advice to Senior Management: Too many managers! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for

Computer Opns Spt Analyst (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible schedules, multiple locations for jobs (if you are willing to move around the country),… Cons: Government contractor - so this means with each new administration you have to be prepared for changes in your contract or budget. This was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.