Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
  www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Very Good Company to work for...

Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ
Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Professional, exciting, always using the latest technology. The company has a vision of One Company One Team, and in the corporate world this is hard to make happen... but most people that I worked with try to apply that principle. This makes for a successful system for getting things done.
This is one of the reasons why LMCO has a great reputation... the people that work there and the attitude of who we work for.

Cons

Corporate America is the toughest to make a success these days. This economy makes careers in this company very difficult... no guarantees you will work here 3 years or 15. DOD contractors are governed by government jobs and contracts. So lay-off's are more so now than they have been in the past.

It is hard to say... some managers are great and others are in it for themselves.

2519 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

One of the greatest places I've ever worked

Former Employee - Structures Mechanic in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Structures Mechanic in Marietta, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back, yet structured Environment. In Marietta we had the 9/80 days so it was great to have an extra day off every other week. Overtime was abundant, but a structured system as well. Every one there was friendly and helpful. All in all a great place to work.

Cons

The hours were long, 9 hours a day seemed like forever. There are way too many different levels of management. All of which are technically your boss. Basically its top heavy when it comes to management.

Too many managers!

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Computer Opns Spt Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Computer Opns Spt Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, multiple locations for jobs (if you are willing to move around the country), benefits are pretty decent. The culture is laid back, at least in my area,

Cons

Government contractor - so this means with each new administration you have to be prepared for changes in your contract or budget. This was my first job out of college but I'm not sure how people stay here for 20+ years when every 4 years your program can be scrutinized and/or canceled. The good thing is that LM has many different areas of the country they operate in so if you are young you can just get up and move around quite easily.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin