Lockheed Martin

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Manufacturing Support Team Member

Former Employee - Manufacturing Scheduler in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Manufacturing Scheduler in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a old boy company where they like the old way of doing things, but on the other hand love to work with all the smart people. Foster growth, life and work balance is great.

Cons

Too much politics especially where the government get their hands in some of the budget planning process.

Need to listen to your surbordinates in order to retain talents.

2518 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Phone Interview Process

Former Employee - Contractor in Hampton, GA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Hampton, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was living in Indianapolis and my manager was in Washington, DC who interviewed me over the phone and made sure I recieved all paperwork to bring me on board for a contract job in Hampton, Georgia.

Cons

This was the first job in my life which I was paid the highest salary in my life on a weekly bais and I loved it.

Management took the initiative and professionalism to see the phone interview process from start to finish and I take my hat off to them. The entire process was real smooth.

Lockheed is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours - rarely a day past 5pm, every other Friday off, can work from home
    Tons of vacation/float hours that accrue, you do not lose them. Lockheed really does advocate a work/life balance.
    For the most part, work is challenging and rewarding
    Very smart people work at Lockheed, you will learn a lot.
    Hard company to get into, but once in, Lockheed is a company you can stay at your entire career Good recognition if you work hard.
    Review system is decent - if you work hard, you will be rewarded.
    Good tuition reimbursement system for those that want to pursue a post-grad degree

Cons

Very bureaucratic, very decentralized, very "slow" organization. Not a lot of opportunity for vertical movement in the company. Lots of employees have been at Lockheed 20-30 years in the same position and just want to be left alone to do their job. No focus on training other than compliance training (ethics, sexual harassment). Seperation of duties is taken to the extreme at Lockheed; a lot of time is spent waiting on others to complete tasks so that you can get your job done. Masters degree is required if you want any type of leadership position - no exceptions.

Put more into employee career development. Some employees have no desire to do the same job for 20-30 years like most at Lockheed. Tweak the culture a bit to advocate more innovation rather than so much focus on positional efficiency.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin